Amazon - Program Manager - BIE - Transportation Analytics Team (6-15 yrs)
Amazon India's Transportation Analytics team is looking for talented Program Manager, who enjoy challenge of diving into complex business problems, providing data driven insights, and making recommendations that directly impact business
As Program manager, you will:
1. Work with stakeholders to identify continuous improvement opportunities in the transportation network
2. Develop and maintain the program roadmap for Transportation Analytics Programs team
3. Lead Quarterly business reviews and long term planning for transportation programs
4. Be a key influencer in strategy and contribute significantly to team planning
5.Show good judgement making technical trade-offs between the teams short term and long term business needs.
6. Develop scalable models and tools that speed up both decision making and accuracy for the team
This role calls for an individual who have high focus on customer experience and can drive initiatives necessary to improve it. It requires an individual to showcase judgment and decision making skills to balance customer experience with financial impact. This position offers a broad exposure to various business, financial, and technical teams within Amazon. She/He will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to create and sustain urgency, and a proven ability to lead large cross-functional projects including communication across all levels and teams in the organization: senior leaders, technical teams, finance, fulfillment, and business leaders
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical, critical thinker with advanced problem solving and data mining skills. They will work closely with operations managers, program managers, BIEs, business analysts and data engineers to drive decisions across Amazons middle mile and last mile operations
1. Completed Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Supply chain Logistics, or similar field from an accredited university
2. 8+ years relevant work experience in a top tier company driving consulting type programs or projects
3. Analytical and be able to justify decisions and approaches with data
4. Strong business acumen (understands how to calculate high-level ROI and partner with finance to complete a cost-benefit analysis).
5. Highly proficient in written and oral communications; able to produce concise, relevant, strategically-driven documents and presentations to leaders
- MBA or Masters in Math/Statistics/Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Python/R, and MS excel
- Exposure to statistical modeling, data science and machine learning techniques
- Strong active listener with solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to deal with a high degree of ambiguity, ability to define a logical and step by step approach to achieving a lofty goal
- Comfortable with processes and process design/analysis
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders.
- Experience on data visualization tools