Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:2029 Applications:525 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Product Manager - Procurement/Sourcing Process (6-14 yrs)
Procurement Product Manager
External Job Description
Amazon is looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to collaborate with multiple teams to build and manage an innovative sourcing project management and financial tracking application. This internally facing application is the backbone for the Global Corporate Procurement (GCP) organization and manages both the day to day activities as well as the high level strategic path of GCP. The success of this highly visible role is instrumental to GCP's near-term and long-term success.
This position requires a proactive, highly motivated leader with an aptitude for critical thinking, process improvement, and demonstrable history of building and managing critical applications. This world class application will be leveraged heavily within GCP and has the potential to be deployed more broadly at Amazon. This will include interacting with business and technical resources to identify enhancements, prioritize work streams, project manage changes in the application, and be the administrator of the business rules for the application. GCP leadership will look to this individual as the owner and developer of the application. The data and reporting from this application will be utilized by regional leadership, as well as, C-level leadership and, accordingly, will need to be of top quality.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity that brings together procurement, finance, program management, and product development skillsets to drive action and influence organizational strategy. This role provides a chance to be at the ground floor of building out a world class application that will be highly visible and drive immediate impact to the organization.
- Creating, maintaining, and prioritizing product development phasing and backlog, including requirement grooming, and making verbal and written recommendations to management
- Collaborate and prioritize key development efforts and timelines with product developers to ensure short term and long term goals are met
- Ensuring that change management, global standardization, application optimization, scalability, and agility are components of the application's design and development
- Producing accurate financial and operational reporting, ensuring continued accuracy by evaluating and improving application internal controls, and enhancing the value of reporting over time
- Managing users, providing onboarding support and training, engaging to understand the root causes behind questions and pain points, taking action to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Learning and utilizing heavy configuration and light coding skills to solve customer problems quickly
- Supporting compliance and controllership with new and existing application functionality
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, finance, the management or related discipline experience
- 6+ years program, product, and/or project management leadership with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, global environment and working with business partners in global locations
- Experience building, managing, supporting, and/or product development of critical business and/or software applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience and high level of effectiveness in working with cross-functional teams, especially experience working with technical areas
- Quick learner that has a high degree of intellectual curiosity with an affinity and aptitude for problem-solving
- Experience in managing large, complex programs/projects that have significant impact
- SQL, HTML, Java, and/or other basic computer coding experience is helpful
- Project management certification(s) (PMP-, Agile, etc.)
- Ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor
- Experience working with large data sets and loves to work with data
- Individual should be both self-directed and able to incorporate guidance
- Equally capable and comfortable with both directing the focus of a project and performing the detailed work needed to accomplish goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel for data analysis and presentation
- Understanding of the procurement/sourcing process
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.