Recruiter at Amazon
Views:9460 Applications:380 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:225
Amazon - Principal Technical Program Manager - Software Development (15-20 yrs)
Transportation spans problems ranging from planning and executing movements (shipments, trucks and in future other modes of transportation), continuously reducing costs, building scale and at the same time managing the burgeoning network (on-boarding and performance managing thousands of delivery partners and channels) and creating delightful door-step experiences for our customers/sellers as we strive to bridge the gap between online and offline shopping with a mission to take these experiences to every customer and pincode in India. Transportation Product Management is at the focal point of Business, Transportation and Technology, and we are looking for a self-driven and customer-obsessed TPM leader to drive the Transportation Technology roadmap for IN.
If you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, and kicked by solving complex problems that drive business impact (top-line as well as bottom-line), here's the opportunity for you. As the TPM leader, a) you would drive strategic technology planning for Amazon India Transportation working across stakeholders from India transportation operations, Amazon India business and WW Transportation Technology, b) drive large-scale IN-first Technology products, c) drive the technology/engineering strategy for IN Transportation, that ensures that we continue to be nimble in a highly-distributed technology environment, despite explosive network growth, and d) lead a team of rockstar TPM's.
As the India story unveils, we guarantee that you- ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on tens of millions of customers.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (computer science background preferred), 15+ years of relevant work experience in software development, 8+ years of work experience in technical leadership, program management, or similar roles.
- Excellent program management, problem solving and communication skills; experience in interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong software development background with experience in SDLC, and in managing and delivering large cross-functional technology programs.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems and service oriented architecture.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on programs.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically and to drive execution. Be equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and of delivering results in a fast paced environment, including history of successfully delivering large scale projects end to end, through the entire life-cycle.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
Preferred Qualification :
- MBA or Advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience building and operating highly scalable, high availability service
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Prior experience in Transportation
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.