Amazon - Principal Business Development Manager - Creator Success - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (12-22 yrs)
Principal BDM, Creator Success
- The IN Creator Success team leads Amazon India's vision of building India's most seductive creator engagement program. As part of our charter, we own building & scaling influencer relationships for traffic generating and on-site content programs like Amazon Influencer Program, Video Shopping Experiences, Amazon Live and #FoundItOnAmazon. With its network of hundreds of thousands of influencers, the Amazon Influencer Program is already a global leader in influencer marketing and a preferred mode of monetization for influencers. The addition of newer content experiences on Amazon increases the opportunities that we have to engage with influencers and enable them to share their unique perspectives with our customers.
- This is a leadership role on the team and will own & drive our influencer acquisition and engagement strategy across programs and categories (like beauty, fashion, food, fitness, home, tech, etc.). We're seeking an entrepreneurial professional to help build the next iteration of commerce content partnerships.
- You are deep on influencer and social media platform trends and understand how commerce fits into influencers' content strategy. You will be responsible for identifying and negotiating partnerships with influencer agencies and other influencer stakeholders to drive incremental revenue, new customers and awareness for Amazon's ecommerce businesses. You will segment and engage influencer cohorts to optimize their performance. You will also work with internal teams to share & leverage influencer best practices across the organization. Using your deep knowledge of social media marketing and a solution-oriented mindset, you will collaborate closely with our product teams as they develop new and exciting experiences for influencers.
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator and you possess an analytical approach to business development, leveraging data to drive decisions. You are highly organized and have the ability to work closely and constructively with external partners. You're particularly adept at developing operational efficiencies and processes and building strong, one-to-one relationships. You are comfortable taking initiative and working across teams in a relatively unstructured environment.
Key job responsibilities :
- Create BD profiles and target lists
- Own influencer recruitment & adoption goals across programs
- Structure partnerships which onboard influencers at scale
- Develop and execute new ways of connecting with influencers and partners
- Drive special deal terms and negotiations with existing partners to efficiently maximize their promotional activities for Amazon.
- Work closely with the social advertising, product, account management & marketing teams to act as liaison to partners.
- Act as a subject matter expert to various business & category teams, helping them build mental models on how they can leverage influencers in their businesses.
- Compile learning and share best practices across teams to help achieve the most effectiveness
- Track best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations
About the team:
- We run one of the largest influencer marketing programs in India, and we own the business end to end while leveraging the technology and scientific wealth of Amazon. This gives us the opportunity to think big, try new things, and pave the way for the industry as a whole.
- We serve a diverse population of content creators, and that's a motivating challenge: we serve all influencers, from a small blogger with 50 readers, through Instagram influencers with over 100K followers, and all the way to some of the largest influencers in India with millions of followers. Each of these present specific business challenges and opportunities, and we partner with them to reach millions of customers across the country.
- We strive to meet our customers wherever they spend their digital time, we're at the forefront of what's "new" and "cool" on the internet, and that makes our challenges complex and exciting.
- We have the resources of a big company and the drive of a startup: we have an entrepreneurial culture and can quickly build new things but also invest in scalable and beautiful solutions.
- We can add value for our customers: we have the ability to help facilitate customer shopping decisions for millions of products and services, and we always keep this mission front of mind.
- MBA or equivalent qualification from a premier business school
- 12+ years post-MBA experience in business development, strategic account management or marketing functions
- Exceptional commercial acumen, negotiation skills, relationship building and influencing abilities to impact decision making at CXO levels.
- Superior organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines in frequently pivoting business.
- Strong service mindset and ability to use metrics to measure service levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses.