Recruiter at Amazon
Views:6411 Applications:932 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:237
Amazon - Operations Manager - Prime Now Delivery (7-15 yrs)
Amazon is seeking an Operations Manager for its Prime Now Delivery operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In this role, you will be responsible for managing the delivery operations of Prime Now. We are currently present in 4 cities, viz. Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Bangalore, and you will be responsible for QCDSM performance of delivery operations in all these cities.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Execute Complex Daily Operation to ensure customer promise for the ultrafast operation.
- Own the performance metrics for pan India operations.
- Understand the Operational needs quickly to innovate and simplify the distribution chain so as to have better Customer Experience at agreed SLA and Cost.
- Manage a team of 4-5 City Managers and 5000+ off role associates and service partners
- Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions and prepare functional specifications
- Be data driven, develop and report performance metrics, executive updates, forecasting, budgeting and analysis to identify potential opportunities for improving Customer Experience.
- Deep dive and acquire an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices and apply when solving business problems.
- Design, develop, pilot & rollout enterprise wide programs around performance improvement, cycle time improvement for returns, delivery experience, financial auditing, identification of alternate delivery services etc.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Developing standard operating procedures.
- Direct accountability for setting and meeting operational goals, strategic planning and forecasting
- Leading process improvements
- Travel across Cities / Stores / Regions so as to ensure smooth operation and team control
- Operations Execution Skill
- Team Management
- Data driven approach
- Performance Metrics Ownership
- Cost Ownership
- Optimizing performance of the network
- Ensure enough bandwidth in nation-wide delivery team to ensure peak time delivery management
- Continuously improve the delivery process and attain a sustained level of delivery performance improvement
- Analysis of the data reports to identify performance bottlenecks and improve the performance
- Implement the formal process control and process improvement mechanisms such as Kaizen
- BE/B.Tech Engineering from a reputed university, Operations or related field. MBA Preferred.
- 5-7 years Operations Management experience in manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- Must be flexible to work any shift 7 days/24 hours including Holidays.
- Supervisory responsibility for a minimum of 100 hourly employees.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required.
- People management experience. Experience in handling external and multiple stakeholders including team, vendors, clients, field executives is highly desirable
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience supporting customers internally and externally
- Experience to run a Hyperlocal business or any similar ground operations with high complexity and expectation is desirable.
- Local execution experience for cities Mumbai, Hyderabad, Delhi and Bangalore will be desirable