Talent Acquisition at Amazon
Views:11860 Applications:475 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:257
Amazon - Manager - Trade Compliance (3-6 yrs)
- Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in seven countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
- We are looking for talented Global Trade Compliance manager to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses. You will support the business by managing specialists working on trade laws and in turn manage associates who will classify the products accordingly. The classification should be according to the country specific customs regulations and trade requirements. You will work directly with program teams, Retail teams, Legal, and a variety of global internal businesses and outside vendors to drive import/export compliance across the supply chain.
Roles And Responsibility :
- You will be responsible for an Operations team supporting multiple categories that populates/ procures content for the Amazon, works with vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products, and interact directly with Amazon internal customers across the globe (US, Canada, France, Germany, UK, China and Japan) to deliver to their requirements and work directly with the compliance team to ensure the overall health of the processes is good. Duties may include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others, outline procedures and instructions on work received, make time estimates on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of classification done, ensuring records are maintained accurately, ensuring utilization of team is high, mentor and train new team members.
- Manage specialists in driving productivity of accurate ECCN and HTS classifications and in turn support internal business units to ensure compliance with Custom regulations and other trade requirements.
- Frontline people manager for global classification/rule writing programs that will result in duty savings and ultimately benefit the programs.
- Drive process improvements and enforce quality classification processes.
- Work with various Amazon teams to execute strategy, seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies.
- Work with Amazon's internal technology teams to develop creative and best-in-class trade compliance business processes that can scale up.
- Leverage data to continuously improve Trade Compliance at Amazon.
Key Performance Areas:
- People Management (leadership role, team management, floor control and retention)
- Formulate, Implement, Track career path & Individual Development Plans of each member in the team.
- Metrics Management.
- Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team.
- Manage the team and ensure high service delivery and execution.
- Stakeholder management.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years in managing people and interacting with customers / stake holders. (If required only) 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day.
Basic qualifications :
- He/She has directly managed operations for at least 3 years.
- Managed a downstream team of at least 10 people in operations.
- Graduate in any stream.
- Strong Analytical ability.
- Has demonstrated ability to hire and develop a very strong team.
- Have worked in Compliance/regulations area.
- Masters in Business Administration.