Amazon - Manager - Payroll Transformation (12-18 yrs)
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA.
The world's brightest minds come to Amazon to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Amazon seeks a Payroll Transformation Manager to join our expanding Finance Operations (FinOps) Payroll Transformation team (PT). With the rapid growth of the company, it is essential to make continued investments in process improvement and technology, whilst supporting the goal of achieving Perfect Pay. As, such Finance Operations is looking for a results driven Program Manager to drive key transformation programs. This person will manage several projects concurrently and drive these projects to successful on-time launch. This is an exciting opportunity to join an area which touches every aspect of Amazon's wide range of businesses.
Develop an in-depth understanding of Amazon's payroll products, business models, payroll architecture and global operations supporting the end to end Payroll function and supporting processes.
- Support critical relationships with internal and external business partners
- Deliver complex medium to large scale projects from initiation through delivery
- Streamline project delivery across FinOps Payroll Transformation by standardizing project communications, execution and documentation, ensuring consistent, scalable global processes
- Gathers requirements from appropriate business owners, writes clear and detailed functional specifications, prioritizes features and drives technical scoping as needed, engaging and influencing all critical dependent stakeholders (internal and external to Amazon)
- Assess and defines customer value or impact and criteria for measuring project success
- Drive continuous process improvement by collaborating with stakeholders on design of new solutions that enhance business performance and achieve established Payroll goals
- Identifies and evaluates potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction. Determines appropriate corrective action.
- Extensive Program/Transformation Management experience in a related industry, including managing complex software implementations
- Formal Project Management qualifications - PMP, Prince equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the enterprise
- Ability to think clearly, analyse quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements manage risks appropriately and effectively. Ability to manage multiple projects/programs
- Ability to run workshops with the Operations teams to assess program risks and schedules
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Results oriented person with a proven track record of on-time project/program delivery for large, cross-functional projects with global stakeholders
- Experience working and contributing to project playbooks, building schedules, managing issues/risks, establishing communication plans and stakeholder management
- Proven experience working in a matrix organization where most team members do not report directly to a single function/department
- Self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction
- Proven ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Courageous and willing to stand up for their ideas within appropriate guidelines
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related financial field, or 5+ years of equivalent work experience
- Experience working on projects across multiple geographies