Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:9956 Applications:1173 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:445
Amazon - Manager - Operations (8-13 yrs)
- Operations Managers are responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives for one functional area of our Fulfillment Center (Inbound, Outbound, Change Ops).
- Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Area Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the Fulfillment Center.
- Drives creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives to enable their Functional Area and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed Business Plan.Sets / clarifies requirements and expectations for Area Managers.
- Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Area Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
- Leverages the Operations and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
- Works closely with support staff (HR Manager, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, S&LP Manager, and Other Sr. Ops. Managers, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in his/her area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
- Able to address operational and personnel issues affecting functional area.
- Surface issues with potential to affect multiple functional areas, along with ideas for solutions, to Sr. Ops, General Manager and / or HR.
- BE/B.Tech Engineering from a reputed university, Operations or related field. MBA Preferred.
- 5-7 years Operations Management experience in manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Must be flexible to work any shift 7 days/24 hours including Holidays
- Supervisory responsibility for a minimum of 100 hourly employees.
Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.
Excellent knowledge of Excel skills required.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.