Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:6657 Applications:1000 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
Amazon - Manager - Operations (8-13 yrs)
- Operations Managers are responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives for one functional area of our Fulfillment Center (Inbound, Outbound, Change Ops).
- Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Area Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the Fulfillment Center.
- Drives creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives to enable their Functional Area and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed Business Plan.Sets / clarifies requirements and expectations for Area Managers.
- Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Area Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
- Leverages the Operations and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
- Works closely with support staff (HR Manager, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, S&LP Manager, and Other Sr. Ops. Managers, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in his/her area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
- Able to address operational and personnel issues affecting functional area.
- Surface issues with potential to affect multiple functional areas, along with ideas for solutions, to Sr. Ops, General Manager and / or HR.
- BE/B.Tech Engineering from a reputed university, Operations or related field. MBA Preferred.
- 5-7 years Operations Management experience in manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Must be flexible to work any shift 7 days/24 hours including Holidays
- Supervisory responsibility for a minimum of 100 hourly employees.
Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.
Excellent knowledge of Excel skills required.