Recruiter at Amazon
Views:24012 Applications:2764 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:440
Amazon - Manager - Operations (2-8 yrs)
At Amazon, we take pride in being the most customer-centric company in the world. To be able to maintain this reputation, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers Amazon is seeking Operation Manager for its Transportation team.
In this role you will be responsible for Setting up the delivery infrastructure in the city which includes identifying the locations for delivery stations and ensure rapid growth in the delivery infrastructure throughout the city.
Essential Functions :
- Defining, building and responsible for the execution of transportation processes, right from FC to customers and leveraging our Delivery centre network.
- Responsible for Hiring, training and building up a highly motivated workforce for the delivery teams, with support from HR and training team, to meet the operational requirements for the city, continuously meeting the high bar on quality and productivity.
- Ensure enough bandwidth in citywide delivery team for peak time delivery management.
- Coordinate with Finance, CS, FC and Projects team to matters related to city operations.
- Conduct the performance appraisals of the Delivery Center Managers and mentor them for handling efficient operations.
- Continuously improve the delivery process and attain a sustained level of delivery performance standard.
- Initiates improvements to enhance quality standards, reduce waste, and eliminate unnecessary work.
- Analysis of the data reports to identify performance bottlenecks and improve the performance.
- Implement the formal process control and process improvement mechanisms such as Kaizen
Essential Skills :
- Strong leadership capabilities and people management skills
- Should be ok to work in night shift.
- Ability to work under pressure situations
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to set and achieve timelines for tasks :
a. Set realistic and stretching performance expectations for self and others.
b. Regularly reviews progress and acts to ensure optimal results for the business.
- Strong Bias for great customer service : Engage the Team in developing their understanding of Customer Experience and knowledge of what Customers actually needs/expects.
- High Ownership : Follows through to ensure the delivery of changes/solutions/services that fulfil the Customer's needs.
- Analytical Skills : Effectively analyse and interpret information, identifying & validating the key facts, including reviewing alternatives to determine advantages and associated risks.
Basic Qualifications :
- B.Tech + MBA
- People management experience. Experience in handling field team is highly desirable.
- Experience in handling live operations preferred (wherein real-time decision making capability & bias for action is a must
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.