Recruiter at Amazon
Views:4940 Applications:378 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Amazon - Manager - Online Marketing (7-12 yrs)
- Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, hungry and passionate about e-commerce, experienced, and entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? Want to work in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon? Interested in working in a high impact role? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you. Come join our online marketing team and help define the course of the Amazon business.
- Amazon's vision is to enable customers globally to find, discover, and buy anything online. We are looking for a smart, results-oriented online marketing manager to grow our business. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and executing best in class site and email merchandising strategies and drive online marketing channels such as SEO, SEM, Display and Associates. This role is based in Bangalore.
- The Online Marketing Manager will ensure that accurate, comprehensive and high-quality product information is available on all products we carry, and that customer expectations are set and met to a high standard. He or she will write and schedule content on emails, home pages, category pages, and pages across the site, compile and analyze traffic and other web metrics, and report on performance to our management teams.
- He or she will propose, plan and execute new features, stores, and products with minimal oversight, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve project goals. This person will set goals that all functions may be involved in achieving and will liaise with tech teams and global category teams to execute. He or she will help to drive feature launches and site improvements to completion by coordinating with project managers, developers, the marketing team, designers, and other editors in similar roles across the business.
- Technical requirements include HTML, XML and Excel, plus the ability to learn our in-house tools quickly. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, able to take direction, and work well with multiple teams. The ideal candidate will be innovative, internally motivated and will have some experience with site merchandising and managing online marketing channels.
Ongoing responsibilities include :
- Coordinating and managing resources to provide thorough and authoritative product detail page content
- Broadly managing the quality of our catalogue and the resulting customer experience; managing related projects such as improving product data quality, attribute and image collection, browse cleanups, photo studio usage, etc.
- Tracking and analyzing customer needs based on customer behaviors including searching, browsing and purchasing, identifying problems and opportunities and responding accordingly, engaging the cross-functional team where necessary
- Planning and executing the site merchandising calendar. This includes email programs, new product launches, cross-category placements, developing and executing Amazon site-wide events, browse tree design and search results
- Create emails, category pages, brand stores, campaigns, and develop and manage free search improvement projects
- Synthesize and analyze relevant content metrics
- Propose new traffic-driving content strategies
- Regularly develop, test and analyze new merchandising tactics that sell products across all categories and increase conversion rates, documenting the results and sharing best practices with the team
- Drive online marketing channels such as SEO, SEM, Display and Affiliates/Associates
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- Strong communication skills and high standard of written English
- Aptitude for organization, flexibility and producing results in a fast paced environment
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up feature and customer segment recommendations
- Capability to meet our technical requirements, which include HTML, XML and Excel, plus the ability to learn our in-house tools quickly