Talent Acquisition - Lateral & Leadership Hiring at Amazon
Views:3534 Applications:428 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:54
Amazon - Manager III - Operations - TRON Team (8-15 yrs)
Manager III - Operations - TRON Team
- The TRON team is an initiative which remotely handles exceptions in the Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers in North America. The TRON system is a technology which enables the human supervisory control of automated tasks. In the TRON system, a remote associate provides supervisory control when automated tasks fail for any reason. This allows us to avoid falling into the 90/10 trap where a task can be 90% automated but requires 90% of the time for the last 10% of functionality. Our strategy is to employ a human-as-sensor model and allow humans to perform just those portions of a task that require higher order cognitive ability.
- The TRON team is looking for an Operation Manager. You will be responsible for providing the overall management for a team of 220-250 employees and direct leadership to the operations team, overseeing and developing employee performance and process improvement activities.
- The job holder will be responsible for building and adhering to maintaining SOPs, implementing, managing and reporting through Metrics, Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- You will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings unique new challenges and new opportunities. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with senior management globally, site peers and NA/EU wide business stakeholders.
- This position will involve regular communication and engagement with Fulfillment centers senior management, Technology team Managers, TPMs and Senior leadership. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive level presentation skills will be key to success.
Responsibilities include -
- Manage a team of 5 to 6 managers and an overall operations team of between 220 and 250 employees.
- Ensure high quality and high volume productivity.
- Play a critical role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership, as well as serving as an outstanding role model.
- Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders including succession planning.
- Manage and execute for defined metrics and quality, maintain clear metrics on our investigation handling volumes, performance, and decision quality.
- Achieve operational excellence and drive process improvements.
- Analyze the key levers of the business to identify trends and proactively take action to eliminate root cause defects.
The manager's success will be measured by their ability to drive operational efficiencies across all processing areas whilst improving internal and external customer experience.
Keys to success in this role include exceptional leadership, analytical, managerial, interpersonal, and project management skills. This role blends operations, program management, global strategy, and finance.
Basic Qualifications -
- 10 or more years of experience leading an operational organization in a global environment, responsible for an overall team of 200+ employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both remotely and face to face.
- Proven evidence of success in operational management, operational enhancement and operational change.
- Proven experience of managing and developing two levels of management and their direct reports.
- Good knowledge of employment law and HR policies and procedures.
- Proven coaching and leadership skills including evidence of successful succession planning models.
- 8 years+ people and performance management experience.
- A proven track record of implementing, delivering large projects and communicating effectively at Director Level.
Preferred Qualifications -
- Six Sigma knowledge or similar models such as Lean are advantageous.
- Proven operational experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, statistics or math, MBA from a top tier B school is highly desirable
- Experience in managing multi-cultural teams.
- 10+ years of leadership and people management experience.
- Strong, self-driven leader with demonstrated ability to proactively drive, manage and grow an operations team.
- Strong project management and people management skills.
- Strong business sense and ability to create, communicate and achieve a vision.
- Experience driving improvement, innovating new processes and driving out waste.
- Experience with-in E-Commerce or IT industry.