Talent Partner at Amazon
Views:4281 Applications:1051 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:50
Amazon - Manager - Business Development - Strategic Partnerships (3-5 yrs)
- Amazon is growing its external payments operations aggressively in India. In this context, the Amazon Payments India Sales team is looking for Business Development Manager - Strategic Partnerships Amazon Pay who will help potential online merchants understand the opportunity with Amazon payments to grow their business.
- You should be an effective communicator, quick to learn new tools and systems, and flexible in the face of changes. Our environment is fast-paced and requires someone who is comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Working in a dynamic sales environment you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, negotiating and closing contracts with strategic merchants for different payment services offered including Amazon Pay.
- Your success will be measured by the no of merchants, the payment volume & the revenue your sellers bring on the platform.
- The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to think about e-commerce challenges and have the ability to convey compelling Amazon products and services value propositions to merchants.
In addition to driving Sales the candidate will also be responsible for the following activities :
Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand Amazon Pay products and services and articulate and guide merchants through integration.
- Help define a business development plan that is in line with the business direction for one's vertical.
- Help identify and leverage locally dominant partners/merchants.
- Establish long term partnerships with key merchant partners for one's vertical.
- Support the launches of new programs, products and features.
Prior Experience and skills:
- Should have 4-5 years experience in sales, post sales and business development.
- Understanding of e-commerce desired.
- Experience with payments or e-commerce retail would be an advantage.
- Should have experience in a results-oriented environment.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business - by the numbers- .
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Has the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desirable.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrates intense customer focus.
- Must be metrics driven.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical and thoughtful.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Simplifier but at the same time things big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box.
- Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards