HR at Amazon Development Centre (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Views:242 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Amazon - Instructional Designer (6-9 yrs)
Would you like to join a dynamic Amazon team that is focused on delivering critical content to Amazon's Last mile team. This team is looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to develop engaging learning solutions for our different audience types.
In this position, you will be creating and improving learning products developed for different roles in last mile. The solutions you create will enable improved experience, shorten lead times to proficiency and also arouse interest in learning. This includes performing needs assessments to identify learning objectives with business stakeholders, designing, testing, and rapidly iterating instructional content for varied audience, and developing knowledge and performance observation assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of training. You must be used to dealing with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders, and have a proactive approach to problem solving.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and develop creative, learner-centered, performance-based training materials in multiple modalities including videos, interactive SCORM modules, game-based learnings, job aids, ILTs, and more.
- Visit Amazon delivery stations, identify and recommend learning objectives, assess learners, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver instruction including consulting with program owners and subject matter experts to identify performance gaps and learning objectives.
- Develop compelling learning experiences using the appropriate modalities such as ILT and VILT classroom training, blended learning, interactive eLearning and simulations, video learning, gamification, and performance support aids.
- Review SBs/audio scripts of other team members to ensure that the output does not have any ID/edit issues and aligns with the desired standards as well.
- Understand the processes followed in last mile to ensure that the output delivered does not have process gaps and also adheres to the SOP
- Visualize and design content in an attractive and interesting manner and work closing with the graphics person to ensure that he converts the visual SB to an appropriate output
A day in the life
No two days are ever the same in this team, as you'll be asked to create instructional design storyboards, lead projects, and engage with key stakeholders throughout the network in last mile. This team is incredibly collaborative, fun, and focused on doing great work while learning and growing.
About the team
This team comprises of experienced enthusiastic IDs, SMEs and a GD who work collectively towards one goal, i.e., to provide a great learning experience to our customers, i.e., the different roles in the last mile delivery team.
- Graduation in a relevant field such as instructional design, educational technology, mass communication, or Masters in literature with comparable work experience in ID.
- 1.5 + years of work experience with career progression in the field of instructional design including significant experience in designing training solutions (eLearning curricula, storyboards, job aids, online tutorials, and assessments) for large organizations
- 1+ years of project management skills including, planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, working with stakeholders, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results
- Proficient in content authoring and development tools, such as Articulate, Photoshop, or Camtasia
- Superb communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a team of IDs, GDs, SMEs or trainers
- Demonstrated affinity for technology and a background in technical writing, editing, and information design would be a plus.
- A healthy sense of humor are essential to the role.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in developing training modalities in simple language with attractive visuals
- Graduate degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate
- Experience in developing content for learning app and its deployment as well
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.