Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:1096 Applications:291 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Corporate Counsel & Company Secretary - Private Brands & Advertising - LLB (8-14 yrs)
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a smart and talented business lawyer to support our rapidly growing and evolving private brands and advertising business in India. This is an individual contributor position based in Bangalore. Some domestic and international travel may be required. The Corporate Counsel will report to Associate General Counsel.
In this role, you will counsel the private brands and advertising teams on a broad range of legal matters involving foreign direct investment, competition, product compliance, consumer protection, legal metrology, information technology and intellectual property laws. You will be primarily responsible for advising on cutting-edge business initiatives; providing day-to-day corporate and business law counseling; conducting legal review and structuring of business programs and products; advising on procedural, product compliance matters; and resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and pre-litigation legal disputes. You will also be involved in structuring, drafting and negotiating day to day as well as complex high dollar value advertising contracts.
In doing your job, you will work in close coordination with global legal teams and external counsel. You will closely coordinate with the global legal teams and outside counsel. In addition to business teams, you will lead initiatives in liaison with tax, accounting, litigation, finance, public relations and public policy teams.
1. Demonstrated ability to analyze and assess business processes/products, spot issues and structure practical solutions.
2. Excellent legal and business judgment along with diligence in meeting commitments.
3. Ability to function independently yet communicates laterally and upwardly with ease.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse and multiple internal/external stakeholders is crucial.
- Law degree (LL.B) from a leading university or law school
- 8+ years of legal experience (with several years of experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house at a large organization employing large number of employees).
- Company Secretarial certification and practice experience in India
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Competence in broad range of corporate and business laws, especially in laws related to technology, product compliance, consumer protection, FMCG sector, e-commerce, intellectual property, legal metrology, privacy laws competition laws and overall compliance.
- Experience in advising multi-national companies and businesses operating at scale
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple stakeholders, multiple projects, smartly prioritize and meet stringent deadlines.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.