Recruiter at Amazon
Views:6096 Applications:1685 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:139
Amazon - Category Manager (3-8 yrs)
Amazon - Category Manager
Category Managers at Amazon have end to end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of their category. Amazon strives to present its customers with the widest selection of products at the best prices. Category managers anticipate their customer needs and incorporate them into the business roadmap and own end-to-end execution with stakeholders including brands and sellers. They will also drive major changes or enhancement for customer experience influencing category needs based on their knowledge of competitive trends in the marketplace and other macro environment data.
Responsibilities Include :
- The successful candidate will be the business owner, with responsibility for signing the right mix of selection in partnership with sellers, adding unique selection, driving traffic conversion, relevant promotion constructs while delivering top notch customer experience on catalog as well.
- She/he must be an effective leader and communicator working with our most important partners, as well as with internal colleagues and groups.
- She/he will have strong business judgement with a track record of strong ownership values and relationship management skills. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work on a new business challenge.
- As a Category Manager in Kitchen, you will focus on delivering a world-class customer experience and exceptional sales and margin growth for the sub-categories that you are responsible for as we rapidly expand and grow our selection from around the world.
- The person who joins this team in this position must share our passion and commitment for serving our customers. This ideal candidate should have experience in forging and building stakeholder relationships. Some understanding of planning product cycles and selling online is preferred.
- The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, self-starting and have strong analytical skills. He or she must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment.
- He should be entrepreneurial with the confidence to make independent, data-driven decisions.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to succeed at :
- Defining and implementing strategies
- Driving an online business
- Managing internal and external stakeholders
- Planning and forecasting
- He or she must be able to develop clear thinking and business rationale for new features & services to bring customers ease-of-use and innovation with a razor sharp focus on solving for the customer while driving operational excellence in execution.
- The candidate must be an effective communicator in working with some of Amazon's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and groups.
- The candidate must have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. We are seeking someone with demonstrated history of successful project ownership using customer data to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Candidate will own one of the critical businesses for Kitchen business responsible for success of both immediate as well as long term strategy.
Basic qualifications : Full-time Masters in Business Administration 3+ years experience in consulting / consumer or customer marketing / business management
Preferred qualifications :
- Experience supporting customers internally and externally
- Experience in incubating and driving customer facing programs at scale
- Category management experience is an additional plus