Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:2615 Applications:143 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Amazon - Business Analyst - Student Programs Data Science Team (7-10 yrs)
Do you love data? Do you get a thrill out of fixing complex problems? Are you looking to use data to influence business strategy?
- Join the Student Programs Data Science team to help us move reports and dashboards to insights and forecasts. The Student Program team is responsible for hiring the best student talent from all backgrounds to build the future of Amazon's global workforce. The data science team's job is to equip our recruiting teams and partners with data and insights on the addressable marketplace of talent, the global hiring demand projections, and process efficiency gains.
- As our new Business Analyst, you will lead the charge on designing forecasting models that determine our strategy and investment in finding student talent. You will help us build KPIs and standardize our recruiting operations. You can shape the future data roadmap our global recruiting teams use to develop their sourcing strategy. Your goal is to develop data definitions and propose new strategies working side-by-side with recruiters and HR leaders in region. You will write papers to propose process and strategy changes to senior leadership.
This isn't easy - much of this work will be starting from scratch or attempting to tie together varied best practices across decentralized, global teams. But you have an opportunity to provide insights that will impact thousands of hiring managers across all of Amazon and you won- t be alone.
- Our SP team includes other engineers and business analysts from across the world - all of whom will be partners for you in realizing our vision and enabling the growth at Amazon that's critical for our customers.
- You're just right for this role because you like diving into data, learning new tools and having a global impact!
- Work side-by-side with the recruiters to determine the most effective way to attract top talent and improve candidate evaluation operational process efficiency
- Use survey data to gain insights into the internship experiences
- Create forecasting methodology to drive discussions with Amazon's top leadership about multi-year headcount planning.
- Develop resourcing models for interviewer and recruiting coordinator capacity
- Write narratives and business justifications to influence stakeholders and drive decisions
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with economists, research scientists, data engineers and program managers
Basic Qualifications :
- BA/BS degree in relevant field and 5+ years of direct analytics experience, or equivalent combination of degree and experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g., complex statements, VBA, conditional formatting)
- Proficiency with SQL/relational databases
- Proven experience manipulating large sets of data, summarizing into metrics, and conducting appropriate statistical tests (e.g., regression, t-test, chi-square)
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, QuickSight
- Proficiency with at least one statistical software package (e.g. R, SPSS)
- Ability to travel internationally ~10-20% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document and report preparation
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
Preferred Qualifications :
- Graduate/PG degree in statistics, decision-making sciences, or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience with a heavy emphasis on data and analytics,
- Experience in analytical intensive roles within consulting, talent/HR, operational, or marketing environments
- Project management experience
- Ability to conduct advanced statistical techniques such as structural equation modeling, survival analysis, social network analysis, and/or cluster analysis
- Business-relevant knowledge of AWS Big Data technologies, like RedShift, S3, Aurora, Data Pipeline, QuickSight, Kinesis etc.
- Ability to create, maintain and disseminate information to stakeholders for multiple projects/work streams at one time