Amazon - Business Analyst - Apay (2-4 yrs)
Apay finance requires a BA who will help us make effective decisions based on data from multiple sources, compiling it and triangulating it into a digestible and actionable format. This will help us provide historic information of our customer behaviour, our profitability metrics and make effective decisions for future.
The BIE will create pipelines for reports to analyze data, make sense of the results and be able to explain what it all means to key stakeholders. This individual will analyze large amounts of data, discover and solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases around key performance of this program. The ideal candidate will use a customer backwards approach in deriving insights and identifying actions we can take to improve the customer experience and conversion for the program.
Main Responsibility includes:
- A successful candidate should be able to understand the Apay business, create data pipelines for Apay in a sustainable and scalable manner. He should be able to understand the business drivers and marry them to financial data to ensure accurate reporting and draw actionable insights out of the information
- Create customized segmentation solutions which will inform the insights; create multiple segmentation analyses, each of which involves a different approach, based on the type of data source
- (Customer level, instrument level, EUC level)
- Create scale-able and self-serve approaches for the marketing team that would require a deep understanding of the data and different dashboarding techniques, given the dynamic nature of requests; employ long-term and adhoc optimization techniques involving quality codefor the dashboards to run smoothly and be scale-able
- Be responsible for setting up the analytics infrastructure
- Provide data and analytics to finance team, create bulls-eye reports and provide Customer level/ instrument level/ EUC level metrics to measure efficiency
- Build scale-able and self-service analytical approaches that can be used by the business and finance teams for analyzing the outcome of business decisions
- Manage ad hoc projects, as well as define and deliver ongoing dashboards, reports & payments first metrics to provide actionable insights to inform Payments strategy , work with cross-functional teams on day-to-day execution and long-term expansion plans
- The successful candidate will be an expert with analyzing large data sets and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, very comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- 1+ years of experience in financial/business analysis
- Experience with SQL or ETL
- Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or other business/analytical disciplines - 3-5 years of relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst or comparable consumer analytics position - Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams. - Advanced experience using Tableau, SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets and Visualization through Tableau - Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment - Working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role.- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concept and building new DW tables
- Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment