Amazon - Business Analyst (3-7 yrs)
Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, execution focused and passionate about e-commerce?
Amazon Seller Services India offers services to retailers in India to grow their online sales. See services.amazon.in for details of products and services. This business within Amazon offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation. We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst who relishes diving deep into data.
Working in a dynamic environment, you will be responsible for monitoring key success metrics for Amazon specifically in areas pertaining to Category Finance (Amazon Fashion), identifying problem areas and business challenges and collaboratively shaping solutions with business teams . The successful candidate has a passion for extracting actionable insights from data. He/she rolls up his/her sleeves, innovates, and quickly becomes a subject matter expert to assess business performance across sellers and market segments.
He/she has significant experience working with customers, analyzing data, identifying trends, extracting conclusions, and presenting findings in a simple and clear manner. He/she enjoys problem solving and is proficient using Excel and other tools to analyze large data sets.
Key Responsibilities :
- Understand Amazon seller Services products and services and track/report business performance and problem areas using appropriate metrics.
- Work cross functionally with the account management team to fix problems with sellers
- Use Amazon's tools to problem solve and validate solutions
- Partner to define goals around key operational metrics
- Recommend business actions based on analytical findings. Includes defining new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve seller performance
The successful candidate will :
- Demonstrate intense customer focus and highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Be sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills; particularly, the ability to deliver analysis in a clear and actionable format. Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders.
Prior Experience and skills :
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business - by the numbers- . Must be metrics-driven.
- Track record of managing metrics and improving performance with clients
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills (including proficiency with tools such as Excel and Access) and an ability to use data to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- A bachelor's/master's degree at a well-regarded institution in an analytical field (e.g. Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance
- 3+ years of work experience analyzing data with strong statistical, quantitative modeling, and forecasting skills.