AM/Manager/Senior Manager - General Ledger - Global Technology Service (5-15 yrs)
Position/Title: Manager - General Ledger
Shifts (if any) 2 PM to 11 PM
About the Company- global services company providing technology, business process management and consulting services to some of the leading global organizations. We have a proven track record of helping our clients identify and deliver significant bottom line improvements using our expertise in finance, legal, HR and information technology related services. Our unique business engagement model is purpose-built to offer our client partners with best-in-class service through dedicated resources such as people, technology, infrastructure and top management support.
About the Role
The Manager, General Ledger Accountant is responsible for ensuring that the Company's monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and providing timely quantitative and narrative analysis and recommendations to senior management on trends and observations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly Financial Statement Package in accordance with US GAAP. The financial statement package will include a Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and cash flow statement
- Lead and manage all due diligence on ad-hoc audits in conjunction with external auditors to ensure that audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Close books as required (back-up).
- Analyze and complete monthly narrative of US GAAP financial statements including year-over-year, and sequential, complete with financial metrics.
- Balance sheet analysis to include adequacy of key balances
- Direct staff and close books as required.
- Conduct monthly review of results with SVP's as required
- Keep abreast of changes in accounting requirements and applicability to the Company
- Responsible for managing annual audit process to ensure that auditor's information requests and questions are responded to in a timely manner to meet annual reporting deadline.
- Review draft audited financial statement and footnotes for completeness.
- Make recommendations to improve the Company's financial performance.
- Ensure that the General Ledger is reconciled and maintained in accordance with US GAAP
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Controller
- Serves as a liaison with other functions within Finance to ensure that all data has been properly captured to close the books monthly in accordance with US GAAP.
- Work with the accounting team and FP&A team to understand expected trends in the business to facilitate monthly closing and analysis of results