HR at Sampoorna Consultants Pvt. Ltd
Views:48 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
AM/Manager - Research & Development - Tax Technology (7-14 yrs)
Research and Development in IT (Tax)-(IC)-(AM/Manager) - (Job Code : J46058)
This is a client facing role in the UK national Incentives, Reliefs & Innovations ("IRI") team, leading a specialist team within Tax Technology. The IRI team comprises scientists, engineers from different engineering disciplines and technologists, as well as tax/finance professionals. Client engagements require a combination of these different skillsets leading to varied engagement teams, with engagements typically being from a few weeks to several months in duration.
- Liaise with our clients' technical leads, developers and architects to discuss their project portfolio with a view to identifying the key technology challenges faced. Lead these discussions with confidence to identify which of the activities undertaken meet the R&D Guidelines.
- Work with the engagement team to develop claim methodologies and prepare R&D tax relief claims for submission to HMRC.
- Prepare (or manage the process for preparing) summary descriptions of the work being undertaken within complex projects, using straightforward language that is clear to understand, which are submitted to HMRC.
- Manage overall client engagements, which includes liaising with tax/costing colleagues and client staff to ensure the correct quantification of R&D claims.
- Support the senior team members to prepare for discussions with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of R&D claims.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships, with both existing and new clients, through proactive communication and demonstrating technical expertise and insight.
- Support business development opportunities and the team in proposing engagements with both new and existing clients.
- Liaise with our clients' technical leads, developers and architects to discuss their project portfolio with a view to identifying the key technology challenges faced during a specific claim year(s);
- Lead or support client discussions with confidence and with the support of our technical team to identify which of the activities undertaken meet the R&D tax guidelines;
- Prepare technical summaries describing the innovations and technical challenges within the projects undertaken by our clients to illustrate their qualifying R&D activities;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships, with both existing and new clients, through proactive communication and demonstrating technical expertise and insight;
- Be a strong team player and effective contributor, working collaboratively with other team members with different skills sets;
- Support more senior colleagues pursuing new business opportunities with companies that are pushing the boundaries of innovation and can therefore claim R&D tax incentives;