Founder at Futurz Consulting
Views:2381 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
AM/Manager - Internal Audit & Controls - CA/CPA - Biopharmaceutical (6-10 yrs)
We have been retained by our client to partner with them to recruit the position mentioned below.
Candidate confidentiality is something that we swear by. We will share the CV with the client only post we have had a detailed conversation with you.
Title: Associate Manager/ Manager - Internal audit and controls
Company: A large US based Biopharmaceutical company with operations in India.
Experience: 6 - 8 year +
Education: CA/ CPA
Compensation: Industry best
- The Associate Manager Internal Audit & Controls will be responsible for planning and executing audit plans, reviews, work programs, preparing reports and supporting a sustainable internal audit methodology for multiple global locations under the direction of Corporate Internal Audit. In conjunction with U.S. headquarters Accounting and Internal Audit teams, the incumbent will also support development, for all Finance Operations, an internal audit and quality framework which is robust and scalable.
- The role also requires ensuring compliance with accounting standards, internal control procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley through a Mumbai based Accounting Center of Excellence. Travel (international) is expected to be up to 25% on an average.
Internal Audit (60%):
- Support the global internal audit function on audit assignments of entities across EMEA, AAC, Americas, Ireland, and Japan regions
- Conduct operational reviews and financial audits
- Coordinate work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and with others within Internal Audit.
- Perform audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques. Participate in the SOX effort. Specifically ensure that planning for walkthroughs, for assigned financial process, is adequately coordinated with business process owners and PwC. Participate in walkthroughs and lead the effort to close any follow up matters that arise. Lead the performance of SOX testing and documentation, for assigned financial process, and complete all documentation within assigned time frames.
- Provide analysis and conclusion on effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control environment.
- Document the results of audit work in accordance with Internal Audit and professional standards.
- Support preparation of timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Contribute as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provide advice on internal control and participate in enhancing internal audit standards and practices.
- Maintain active and open communication with Internal Audit team and prepare regular status updates on areas assigned.
- Lead the development of a SOX self-assessment checklist that will be completed by designated company affiliates to enable local controllers to perform assessment of controls on a periodic basis and to self -identify areas that require remediation.
Internal Controls Assessment and Compliance (40%):
- Responsible for Reporting of internal controls at India shared services center
- Self-assessment of internal controls, process certification, preparation of self-assessment plan, and documentation of controls
- Conduct risk assessments for Finance and IT processes
- Identify controls to mitigate identified risks
- Identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Assessment of design of controls to achieve specified control objectives
- Suggesting implementation of effective process controls to ensure a robust control environment exists
Additional Operational and IT Consulting Support (As time permits):
- Provide consulting support and recommendations around various structures, processes, controls and service delivery areas in conjunction with global process owner(s)
- While performing any of these additional support services this person must maintain full independence to continue to perform internal audit work
- Partner with IT verticals to review whether solutions meet the business needs within the approved controls framework
- Provide recommendations for KPI measurements (e.g. master data management, etc.)
- Utilize SAP reporting tools to periodically audit master data accuracy and synchronization across SAP modules
- Periodically review the integrity of the company's master data, identify deficiencies and recommend corrective action
- Periodically review compliance with relevant standards, policies, and Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Masters or bachelor's degree in accounting
- CA or CPA is a must
- 6 to 8 years of experience in a multinational environment
- Strong knowledge and experience in Accounting, Audit, Controls and Compliance.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP a must.
- Strong knowledge of audit processes and control procedures.
- Strong knowledge and experience in compliance with accounting standards and policies, as well as compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (internal controls over financial reporting).
- Experience in Outsourcing (Shared Services) required
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.