Associate Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:9624 Applications:350 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:220
AM/Analyst/Manager/Lead Manager - Market Risk/Counter Party Credit Risk - Model Validation - Python (5-10 yrs)
Description of Role :
- Global Analytics Centre (GAC) within provides analytics support to various group businesses and functions under Group. Typical deliverable include data analysis, providing analytics insights, model development, validation, calibration, strategy development, monitoring and reporting, information management and business intelligence. The deliverable form the basis for strategic planning by the senior management for businesses and enables effective decision making to satisfy business needs and requirements along with addressing unforeseen challenges.
- Global Analytics Centre (GAC) within provides analytics support to various group businesses and functions under Group. Typical deliverables include data analysis, providing analytics insights, model development, validation, calibration, strategy development, monitoring and reporting, information management and business intelligence. The deliverables form the basis for strategic planning by the senior management for businesses and enables effective decision making to satisfy business needs and requirements along with addressing unforeseen challenges.
- GAC - Regulatory Risk Analytics, Wholesale Credit and Market Risk (WCMR) department within GAC is an extended team of Group - Regulatory & Risk Analytics for Wholesale Credit & Market Risk portfolio across Group & Region to provide analytical support in Model Development & Implementation, Model Validation & Monitoring, Portfolio Management & Capital Allocation and Project Management & Policy Designing.
- This role is within the Traded Risk Model Validation team established to assess the performance of the traded risk models, measure the impact on capital requirements and understand and manage the model risk within RRA.
Traded risk models include :
1. Market Risk models
2. Counter-party Credit Risk models
3. Margin models
4. Add-on models
5. Economic Capital
- The Analyst/AM - Decision Sciences, Counter-party Credit Risk Model Validation role is responsible for providing necessary analytical support in meeting the regulatory requirements on model risk management & governance.
- This role is primarily responsible for implementing the validation, back-testing and monitoring standards of counter-party credit risk models for traded risk measurement for and Regions.
- In addition to model validation, back-testing and monitoring, this role is responsible for providing analytical support in all regulatory and functional requirements regarding model risk.
- Provide support in improving process efficiency and innovative streamlining through process re-engineering and automation.
- Ensure compliance with audit requirements by performing audit checks as required by process in line with business process requirements and consistent with Group and Company policies and standards.
a. Masters in any of the following fields :
- Engineering (or B-tech with relevance experience)
- MS/MBA in Finance
b. Experience :
- Minimum 1 years of professional experience in analytical process
- Understanding of regulatory implications and relevance
c. Skills :
- Highly focused on project delivery, attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaborative, influencing and team building skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, open minded, flexible, pragmatic
- Experience in working with programming languages/applications like Matlab, Python,Tableau and SQL
- Experience and understanding of statistical tools and techniques like basic statistical distributions, testing of hypothesis and time series analysis used in the counter-party credit risk domain
- Knowledge of counter-party credit risk domain
- Good estimating and planning skills
- Enthusiastic, displaying energy, drive and stamina
- Willing to work with colleagues in other areas/time-zones where appropriate
- Open personality and effective communication skills, ability and flexibility to work in an international team
- Ability to write clear and understandable documents