Alpha Alternatives - Senior Analyst - Special Situation (1-3 yrs)
Alpha Alternatives is a multi-asset class alternatives asset management platform based out of India and Singapore, with over 3000cr of assets under management, and deep focus on alpha generation. We operate across various alternative spaces like Commodities, Equities, Absolute Returns, Structured Credit and Quant. Our products span across various investment structures such as AIF, PMS, NBFC and FPI.
Alpha Alternatives is looking for a person with 2-4 years of experience in equity markets to join our Special Situations team. Candidate has to be passionate about stocks and capital markets and previous work experience in Indian markets. Has to be self-driven as we are a small team. Should be willing to work across businesses when required and complement the rest of the team.
Key responsibilities for the roles are as follows:
- Should be able to run a book focusing on Special Situation/Event Driven strategies across Indices and individual stocks and assist fund manager to evaluate potential investment strategies.
- Will be responsible for generating trading idea and deployment of strategies with short to medium term holding periods and higher risk adjusted returns.
- Understand and implement risk monitoring and risk mitigating systems for themselves
Key Skills required -
1. Should be able to create and interpret financial models from scratch
2. Interacting with company management and regular monitoring of companies
3. Understanding of multiple sectors and exposure to midcaps will be added advantage
4. Good understanding of compliances from SEBI and other regulatory bodies
4. Good communication skills both written and verbal
6. Prior knowledge of derivatives is welcome, not mandatory.
Location: Dadar West, Mumbai. Candidates applying from cities other than Mumbai shall have a clear conviction about moving to Mumbai before applying.
Salary: Salary will be discussed individually with selected candidates and will be at par with industry norms. Compensation will have significant element of performance linked bonus.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Among other details, your resume must contain your contact details (correspondence address, email ID, phone number) and date of birth.