Associate Director - Strategy at Airwallex
Views:1845 Applications:104 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:78
Airwallex - Manager - Compliance (7-12 yrs)
Who We Are :
- Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all sizes to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest cost possible.
- Backed by industry icons including DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Sequoia, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
- Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have 8 global offices across China, Australia, Singapore, London and San Francisco. We see India as a big market for cross-border e-commerce and high growth companies and are looking for our first few hires to be based in Bangalore.
The Role :
Do you want to be a foundational member of an elite, innovative compliance team operationalizing Airwallex's compliance program?
At Airwallex, we see Compliance as a service to our business teams and our customers, and we get excited about innovation and collaboration. Partner with internal teams to design, develop, implement, execute, and monitor screening and monitoring rules detecting and mitigating AML risks. The role supports regulatory obligations and is an opportunity to innovate.
This role is based in Bangalore and will report to the Head of Compliance. He/she is responsible for supporting the development, launch and management of
- Transaction Monitoring and Screening Program in accordance with local Indian financial regulations
- Familiarity with OPGSP arrangement as it relates to payments and remittances business with partner banks in India
- Communicate applicable risks, costs, progress, and results to all relevant internal and external partners
- Analyze high-volume data to investigate, identify and report trends linked to AML typologies and compliance to leadership
- Investigate, identify and develop triggers, rules and algorithms for transaction monitoring
- Design and execute reports to measure success and performance of initiatives
- Drive internal controls design and monitoring to support Compliance Operational policy and procedures
- Partner with Compliance, Legal, Engineering, Product, Strategy, and BD to achieve results for team and the Compliance department
- Continually identify, redefine and execute solutions for KYC needs across systems, teams, policies and processes
- Designs and execute reports to measure success and performance of AML Compliance initiatives, program, operations, critical metrics and KRIs
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments
Who You Are :
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, getting results across multiple projects in a fast paced, changing environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate to technical and non-technical partners at all levels
- Demonstrate strong and effective leadership and relationship building skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment
- Experience in Payments industry or fintech a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- Forward-thinking spirit and drive
- Accountability and humility
- Comfortable in agile environment
Skills And Experience You Will Bring :
- 7+ years of experience in FinTech, ecommerce, RegTech, or financial services + Bachelor/Master's Degree
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and handle challenging priorities under demanding deadlines
- Ability to understand larger picture and environment while operating in focused manner
- Outstanding time management, presentation, and relationship building skills
- Familiarity with AML regulations globally
- Certification in compliance related area, such as CAMS
- Knowledge in core AML products, money laundering and terrorism typology, segmentation, scenarios, models, methodology, and AML tools
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.