Talent Acquisition Specialist at AgroStar
Views:1058 Applications:354 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
AgroStar - Category Manager - Hardware (3-5 yrs)
Category Manager - Hardware
Job Description :
- AgroStar is India's foremost AgTech start-up with a mission of #HelpingFarmersWin through right advisory and solutions, powered by data and technology. It was started with a vision to solve two of the biggest problems in Indian agriculture - Lack of guidance for healthy and sustainable farming AND limited access to quality farm inputs for consistent and qualitative farming.
- With technology at its core, we have built an innovative & sustainable ecosystem that includes products such as a customized enterprise sales solutions that maps data of farmers' crop life cycles, India's first online farmer community, online agri-advisory with online shopping for inputs and an incomparable logistics solution for last mile rural connectivity.
- We have procured and partnered with leading national and international brands for major agri-inputs like seeds, crop nutrition, crop protection and farm implements, that are needed for farming and we deliver them at the doorstep of farmers. Thus, our efforts at AgroStar are focused to become the driving force to equip our farmers with the power of knowledge to farm better and smarter, through technology and up to date expert advice.
- The company is funded by prominent VCs like Chiratae Venture Partners, Aavishkaar Ventures, Accel Partners and Bertelsmann India (BII). AgroStar is the winner of Economic Times' Best Startup Award 2016, under the 'Social Enterprise' category.
Our Team :
- We are a team of highly motivated individuals, who are willing to push beyond the ceiling, initiate new ideas and take challenges head on. Apart from coffee, working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic work culture is what we passionate souls thrive on. We ride against the tide as time is never enough and theres always more to do.
- Our mission of Helping Farmers Win is a tall task as we try to bring change and development to the grassroots of India. We need heroes who are dedicated to the mission, live the dream and drive it with passion. If that sounds like you, heres more about the role:
Why Agrostar :
- If you have a desire to work on problem statements that make you think as a designer, you should immediately get on board. At Agrostar, our operations run across departments like Warehouse Management, Delivery Logistics, Assisted E-Commerce, Marketing, Category Management, E-Commerce etc.
- They provide immense opportunities to problem solvers to achieve personal growth coupled with professional satisfaction. We have a set of products, each solving a unique set of problems, thus creating a thriving technical ecosystem which will be any designer's dream playground.
- Design at Agrostar lies at the core of everything we do which will allow you to do some cutting edge work for farmers and other end users, as we push the envelope to do better, everyday.
Role & Responsibilities :
- Design and execute weekly, monthly and quarterly procurement plans for the entire product portfolio in category.
- Work closely to plan and execute annual import plans for various products across the category.
- Collaborate with the sales functions and finance control department to ensure the inventory optimization across the category.
- Closely connect with the farmers and work with the content team to ensure the best communication strategy to sell products.
- Collaborate across functions for successful launch of new products and take handover of vendors from the product development team.
- Manage relationships with existing vendors to ensure the timely and quality procurement across the category.
- Work with the sales team to co-design offers, campaigns and marketing plans to achieve the category budget.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel or any other tool, data analysis and procurement planning.
- A hustler who can wear multiple hats at the same time.
- Experience of handling a small team would be an added advantage.
- Experience of working in an E-commerce category or consumer durables role especially at a scale would be an added advantage.
- Experience of imports planning and/or execution would be an added advantage.
- Willing to travel across 5 operational states occasionally.
- 3-5 years experience in Category roles.