AGM - Software Development - Logistics Solutions - IIT/NIT (12-15 yrs)
Industry - Logistics / SCM / Freight / Shipping
Category - IT & Systems
Skills - Software Development Java Angular
Job Type - Permanent
Description - The incumbent will provide leadership to successfully develop and implement new digital information products and services in order to enhance customer experience and business processes. Will be actively involved in Team Management, Data Management and Project Management
Our client is a leading end-to-end logistics solutions provider with a focus on speed, safe and reliable nation-wide express delivery services to e-commerce industry
- Create a strong agile development environment (including leading the adoption of agile development methodologies and tools) to meet the fast pace and rapidly changing dynamics of the digital media market space.
- Strong leadership and team (people) management skills, well versed in training and education of teams of developers (especially in agile methodology and culture) and in change management.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and other business units to define, prioritize and implement the business strategy
- Develop the strategy for software and application development to support business strategy and priorities.
- Lead the product development from a technical standpoint, and take end-to-end responsibility for all things technical for the product - from technology selection to architecture and design to working with, and guiding the engineering team in delivering the product per agreed timelines
- Oversee the functional/technical specification and documentation of products and services process to ensure that the needs of the business are captured prior to commencing new projects.
- Guide the development team to create and execute appropriate project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with the business.
- Develop a team of technology experts who understand the business and effectively work with vendors and other development staff (both in-house and vendor) to enable the continuous deployment/development of our products and services.
- Meet departmental financial and business level objectives by forecasting requirements including, staff budgets, expenses, product metrics and team performance.
- Build an effective development team through coaching, mentoring and developing team members to drive innovation, productivity, continuity.
- Keep abreast and current on technology trends and provide insight to senior management on trends that can impact the strategy and profitability of the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree in computer science from IIT / NIT.
- 12+ years of experience with web-services and knowledge of SOA and other approaches to service-oriented design. 7+ years of hands on software development, including proven experience in overseeing the design and implementation of software solutions
- Previous experience working with web enabled applications, ERP Systems, Data Warehousing, CRM and e-commerce solutions
- Experienced in addressing "Data" challenges, including sophisticated data matching technologies and processes
- Experience in cloud technologies. AWS preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership, change management with the ability to build and lead a successful technology team and strong development engineering best practices
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional environments including sales, marketing, business management, customer support, finance, HR and other teams.
- Full knowledge of the SDLC with corresponding pragmatism and project discipline to ensure the successful and delivery of projects.
- Should be having strong experience in Agile product development methodology for Application Stack (Web & Mobile Apps) based Product development from scratch of Idea to Interactive Prototype - MVP - Full Mobile app Product with Application ( Multifunction App & Single Function App ) with full presentable working Visualisation, wireframe moq up.
- Strong domain knowledge, including core web & mobile technologies and the ability to effectively participate in both technology and business-oriented discussions.
- Proven success in defining, building, and releasing software-based offerings that drive customer ROI.
- Strong business acumen required as well as strong collaboration and project management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and consensus- and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly grasp concepts and solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence across the organization and articulate technical requirements and issues in clear business language
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Process orientation; demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development;
- Project management skills; must have demonstrated the ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results;
- Extensive experience in Design & Architecture: Service Oriented Architecture, Restful web services, Micro-services, AWS serverless
- Extensive experience in hands-on software/mobile/technology development
- Experience in database technologies including MYSQL, MongoDB, Postgress, MSSQL, ORACLE etc.
- Programming languages such as Java, J2EE, JQuery, JSP, JSTL, Python, PHP Angular, Native AndroiMeanStack
- Development using Business Objects (Power BI) or other BI tools.
- Data Science, Statistics, Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning, Big Data is a plus.
- Infrastructure: Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, IIS, AWS stack, Azure DevOps etc
Job Offer :
- Competitive Salary according to industry benchmark
- Multi-dimensional role with wide array of responsibilities
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Sushant Gupta on +91 124 452 5431
Contact - Sushant Gupta - +91 124 452 5431
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.