Founder & CEO at Talenture Management Consulting
Views:513 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
AGM/Head - Legal - Housing Finance/NBFC - LLB/LLM (12-15 yrs)
THIS REQUIREMENT IS FOR A CHENNAI REPUTED HOUSING FINANCE COMPANY. CANDIDATES FROM HOUSING FINANCE COMPANY/NBFC PREFERRED. IMMEDIATE JOINERS PREFERRED. CANDIDATES WILLING TO RELOCATE TO CHENNAI WOULD ALSO BE CONSIDERED.
THIS PROFILE IS FOR A SENIOR POSITINON HEADING PAN INDIA. NON -LITIGATION MORE RELATED TO CORPORATE LAWS/COMPANY LAWS.
- Establish Policy, Procedures and Process flow pertaining to Legal parameters in the businesses and its entities.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Review and provide legal advice on contractual and other documentation.
- Review and analyse major legal risks to in India
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Provide assistance and advice on matters pertaining interests in India, including assisting on litigation and transactional matters.
- Special project work for Alliance Legal Counsel for all entities.
- Risk management planning across entities in India.
- Assist with Company Secretarial matters as they arise.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise / manage external lawyers.
- To prepare legal notices and prepare replies to legal notices.
- To Liaise with Advocates, Law Firms of the Company for various legal matters.
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- To provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management's attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Bachelors of Law OR Master's degree at Law
- Certified in Corporate Secretaryship WOULD BE AN ADVANTAGE
- Experience in NBFC /FINANCE COMPANIES ONLY
- In-depth knowledge of working in house or external law firm in a commercial role
- Knowledge in regulatory law.
- 12-15 years' experience ideally in a leading HOUSING FINANCE/NBFC organisation, with a proven track record in contract negotiation and drafting legal agreements / contracts.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel.
- Proven track record of adding value to an organisation through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS IN ENGLISH AND HINDI MUST
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.