COO & Head Talent Acquisition at Foresight Management Consultants
Views:284 Applications:106 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
AGM/GM - Software Development (7-12 yrs)
AGM/ GM - Software Development
Job Description :
- The incumbent will provide leadership to successfully develop and implement new digital information products and services in order to enhance customer experience and business processes.
- Through the management of the Development Team and Project Management Office, the Head of Software and Application Development will be responsible for documentation, technical specifications, program/project management, programming, and testing/quality assurance on all systems, projects and products
- He / She, will be accountable for the architecture and build of a digital information platform to serve the needs of customers.
- The role also involves being part of the IT leadership team and taking ownership of the technology strategy in order to deliver transformative innovation to winning plays around new business models. Such models need to be built around content, data and user experience.
- The role will also need to display strong skills for influencing change to shift technology to a place where it is agile and forward looking in order to provide outstanding customer experience as well as compelling customer touch points around the business workflow. Skills development to create a team embracing an agile sprint methodology and the ability to build minimal viable prototypes and proof of concepts, will also be a vital component of the role as well as the development of strong skills for testing, delivery and ongoing development of the platform.
- He / She, will be also be accountable for managing development vendors and internal resources to rapidly release products and services to meet the needs of our internal and external customers.
- Create a strong agile development environment (including leading the adoption of agile development methodologies and tools) to meet the fast pace and rapidly changing dynamics of the digital media market space.
- Strong leadership and team (people) management skills, well versed in training and education of teams of developers (especially in agile methodology and culture) and in change management.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and other business units to define, prioritize and implement the business strategy.
- Develop the strategy for software and application development to support business strategy and priorities.
- Lead the product development from a technical standpoint, and take end-to-end responsibility for all things technical for the product - from technology selection to architecture and design to working with, and guiding the engineering team in delivering the product per agreed timelines
- Oversee the functional/technical specification and documentation of products and services process to ensure that the needs of the business are captured prior to commencing new projects.
- Guide the development team to create and execute appropriate project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with the business.
- Develop a team of technology experts who understand the business and effectively work with vendors and other development staff (both in-house and vendor) to enable the continuous deployment/development of our products and services.
- Meet departmental financial and business level objectives by forecasting requirements including, staff budgets, expenses, product metrics and team performance.
- Build an effective development team through coaching, mentoring and developing team members to drive innovation, productivity, continuity.
- Keep abreast and current on technology trends and provide insight to senior management on trends that can impact the strategy and profitability of the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science from IIT / NIT.
- 12+ years of experience with web-services and knowledge of SOA and other approaches to service-oriented design. 7+ years of hands on software development, including proven experience in overseeing the design and implementation of software solutions
- Previous experience working with web enabled applications, ERP Systems, Data Warehousing, CRM and e-commerce solutions
- Experienced in addressing - Data- challenges, including sophisticated data matching technologies and processes
- Experience in cloud technologies. AWS preffered.
SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Strong leadership, change management with the ability to build and lead a successful technology team and strong development engineering best practices
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional environments including sales, marketing, business management, customer support, finance, HR and other teams.
- Full knowledge of the SDLC with corresponding pragmatism and project discipline to ensure the successful and delivery of projects.
- Should be having strong experience in Agile product development methodology for Application Stack (Web & Mobile Apps) based Product development from scratch of Idea to Interactive Prototype - MVP - Full Mobile app Product with Application ( Multifunction App & Single Function App ) with full presentable working Visualisation, wireframe moq up.
- Strong domain knowledge, including core web & mobile technologies and the ability to effectively participate in both technology and business-oriented discussions.
- Proven success in defining, building, and releasing software-based offerings that drive customer ROI.
- Strong business acumen required as well as strong collaboration and project management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and consensus- and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly grasp concepts and solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence across the organization and articulate technical requirements and issues in clear business language
- Ability to create a dynamic results-oriented culture within the development team, passionate about innovation, collaboration, accountability and professionalism.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Process orientation; demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development;
- Project management skills; must have demonstrated the ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results;
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged;
- Energy and enthusiasm; candidates must find the work "fun" and enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
- Extensive experience in Design & Architecture: Service Oriented Architecture, Restful web services, Micro-services, AWS serverless
- Extensive experience in hands-on software/mobile/technology development
- Experience in database technologies including MYSQL, MongoDB, Postgress, MSSQL, ORACLE etc.
- Programming languages such as Java, J2EE, JQuery, JSP, JSTL, Python, PHP Angular, Native Android, MeanStack
- Development using Business Objects (Power BI) or other BI tools.
- Data Science, Statistics, Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning, Big Data is a plus.
- Infrastructure: Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, IIS, AWS stack, Azure DevOps etc
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.