Director - Operations at Core Edge Solutions
Views:3527 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
AGM - Contract Management - Construction Industry (12-18 yrs)
1. JOB PURPOSE
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Accountabilities Key Performance Indicators
- Contract Management Strategies / SOPs / Process development: Develop project Contract Management process and roll out. Study various best practices and suggest and adopt best suitable method for Project Contract Management and take management approval.
- Develop model Contracts, GCC s in consultation with Legal Team. Processes, Strategy Document, SOPs and model contracts
- Procurement Management: Review and or develop strategies & process for Project Procurement / sourcing, packaging, store process and process for project budget tracking & control.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with stakeholders and suppliers including effectively managing contract enquiries, issues, disputes, variations, risks and undertaking negotiations with suppliers as required
- Negotiation of contract terms, drafting contract condition, finalization of tenders and take management approval for awarding work packages.
- Guide team in ensuring timely clearance and procurement of materials and services. Turnaround time
Contract Management -
- Implement and ensure all agreements are reviewed and handled as per Project Contract Management process.
- Monitor contract performance and compliance in accordance with the contract, contract management plan, risk management plan and organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all obligations are met and minimize risk and maximize companies- entitlement.
- Develop & Ensure change management process is implemented and all Changes / Variations are processed and approved on time extensions.
- Manage all Contractual and Legal correspondences with Client, Contractors, subcontractors and other related parties.
- Establish payment process mechanism and ensure same is implemented and vendors are paid on time.
- Provide advice and support to the Project Managers including identifying opportunities to improve Contractors / vendor performance, improve efficiencies and value for money initiatives. No claim from Contractors, Subcontractors.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of Claims and counter claims on client / contractors (as the case may be)
- Timely settlement of claims / bills with client, contractor & Subcontractor
- Dispute/Claim Management & Contract closure - Dispute resolution and settlement of claims with clients, contractors and subcontractors.
- Conduct periodic check on variations and raise change orders/ notices, discuss with the vendors and finalize cost of change.
- Lead team on any arbitration or any other dispute resolution mechanism. Ensure companies claims are justified and substantiated before the panel in a fair and conclusive manner.
- Ensure final closure of the contracts and documentation Minimize the risk and maximize the entitlement.
- Timely closure of contract.
- Continuous vendors intelligence management to make purchase more competitive & effective - Building and maintaining the vendor network to ensure that a good pool of credible vendors develop long term partnerships. This involves scanning for potential vendors, performing feasibility and quality checks by user departments, getting market feedback, checking vendor registrations and documentation as per rules & regulations New Vendors
Employee Engagement: Guide and support team for successful implementation of related works. Identify and Coach the team member on their short comings in handling the related works successfully. Develop the team work and relationships. Do the succession planning Employee engagement scores.
External - Roles you need to interact with outside the organization to enable success in your day to day work Internal - Roles you need to interact with inside the organization to enable success in your day to day work
Interact with stake holders (User departments) of the projects to understand their requirements. Interact with CPD, CEO, Project Director, and BCMO on procurement strategies, process and for approvals.
Interacts with cross functional teams/ departments for efficient coordination
Interact with external consultants, legal advisors, Vendors / contractors, auditors, government officials, charted engineers, for smooth execution of the projects Interact with individual team members to understand their strength and weakness and guide
Interact with Senior Management to apprise them about the progress and related issues and seek directions.
- Should have handled a multidiscipline team of 5 to 10 members.
- High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders in providing expert contract management advice
- Should be well-versed with FIDIC Conditions, JCT, NEC contracts,
- Should be familiar with INCOTERMS and other international trade practices.
- Knowledge of government legislation, audit regulations, legal obligations
- Should be familiar with Indian contract act, limitation act, sales of goods act, Customs rules and regulations, and international arbitration procedures.
- Should have handled multiple projects
- Should have an exposure to at least one Airport project.
- Should have leadership skills with emphasis on team building, strong negotiation and communication skills.
- High level communication skills at all levels (written and verbal) and the ability to undertake negotiations with suppliers in the resolution of disputes.
- Demonstrated investigative and analytical skills including the ability to use MS Excel, Database and Reporting systems.
- Ability to review, develop and implement guidelines and operating processes
4. Educational Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or above.
- Should be able to work on MS Project, and have excellent command over MS office
- Should be process driven and well versed with the project/construction management processes.
Relevant and total years of Experience
- 13 - 15+ Years of overall experience in Contract Management /construction with at least 5+ years as Contract Manager heading the team for large scale projects.
Core Edge Solutions LLP
No.138, 7th Cross.
29th main road,( Lake road)
BTM 2nd stage, Bangalore 560076
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.