Talent Acquisition at Aegon Life Insurance
Views:3117 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Aegon Life - Assistant Manager - Legal - LLB (5-7 yrs)
This role exists to:
To provide professional, pro-active, business-focused legal advice and legal management support.
The key result indicators for this role are:
Key deliverables are:
- Timely, pro-active legal advice and legal management support
- Litigation Management.
- Advice to senior management on legal and regulatory risks
- Attend Insurance Ombudsman Offices and Court Cases, Pan India
Core Responsibilities: 5-8 priorities
- Litigation case management
- Propose strategy to resolve disputes at reasonable cost, safeguarding reputation and without setting adverse precedent.
- to prepare briefs of the litigation matters and send it to Advocates representing the Company.
- to review the written statement/ plaint/ affidavits to be filed in the matters pertaining to litigation filed by/ against the Company.
- drafting of Legal Documents to be filed before the Court/ Insurance Ombudsman.
- Attending Insurance Ombudsman Offices and Court Cases, Pan India.
- Legal advice
- Review of Complaints received.
- Update with new laws and regulations
- General legal advice to management and business
- External counsel
- Identify when to engage external counsel
- Select most appropriate counsel based on skills & experience
- Brief on advice required
- Follow-up with external counsels and Branch offices for timely updates.
- Updating and Maintaining MIS
Reporting Relationships and Connections
- State roles in all cases not names of persons in the roles Reporting: AVP Legal,
Minimum Education Requirement
- University law degree and admitted to practice as a lawyer
Typical Minimum Experience
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years- post-qualification experience, ideally including both law firm and in-house experience with Insurance Laws or Life Insurance Company
Professional/Technical Competencies Required
Approx. 5 bullet points in total Knowledge: strong legal skills (drafting and analytical)
- Insurance laws
- Consumer Protection Laws
- Criminal Laws
- Excellent contract drafting, review and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze complex legal problems, new business propositions and develop suitable solutions
- familiarity with insurance-related issues and interpretation of statutes.
- drafting and conveyancing
- Information Technology awareness
- understanding of business / commercial transactions.
- superior spoken and written skills in English. Desirable two other languages.
- ability to prioritize workloads and deliver on time
- provide practical solutions within legal constraints
Soft/Transferable Competencies Required
Approx. 5 bullet points in total Essential:
- flexible team player
- excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written) strategic-thinker
- problem solver
- able to develop and maintain co-operative working relationships
- computer proficient
- ability to manage external counsel relationships
- ability to work independently and collaboratively to foster a team environment
- understanding of when issues need to be reported or escalated
- ability to interface effectively with clients, other departments, and all levels within the organization.
- willingness to travel as and when called for.
(Identifies the knowledge, skill and characteristic/attitude requirements for effective performance. See dictionary of competencies. E.g. Customer orientation, analysis/problem solving, interpersonal skills, team player)
Learning and Development to support Role Competencies
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.