Talent Acquisition at Aegon Life Insurance
Views:2957 Applications:132 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Aegon Life - Assistant Manager - Legal - LLB (5-7 yrs)
This role exists to:
To provide professional, pro-active, business-focused legal advice and legal management support.
The key result indicators for this role are:
Key deliverables are:
- Timely, pro-active legal advice and legal management support
- Litigation Management.
- Advice to senior management on legal and regulatory risks
- Attend Insurance Ombudsman Offices and Court Cases, Pan India
Core Responsibilities: 5-8 priorities
- Litigation case management
- Propose strategy to resolve disputes at reasonable cost, safeguarding reputation and without setting adverse precedent.
- to prepare briefs of the litigation matters and send it to Advocates representing the Company.
- to review the written statement/ plaint/ affidavits to be filed in the matters pertaining to litigation filed by/ against the Company.
- drafting of Legal Documents to be filed before the Court/ Insurance Ombudsman.
- Attending Insurance Ombudsman Offices and Court Cases, Pan India.
- Legal advice
- Review of Complaints received.
- Update with new laws and regulations
- General legal advice to management and business
- External counsel
- Identify when to engage external counsel
- Select most appropriate counsel based on skills & experience
- Brief on advice required
- Follow-up with external counsels and Branch offices for timely updates.
- Updating and Maintaining MIS
Reporting Relationships and Connections
- State roles in all cases not names of persons in the roles Reporting: AVP Legal,
Minimum Education Requirement
- University law degree and admitted to practice as a lawyer
Typical Minimum Experience
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years- post-qualification experience, ideally including both law firm and in-house experience with Insurance Laws or Life Insurance Company
Professional/Technical Competencies Required
Approx. 5 bullet points in total Knowledge: strong legal skills (drafting and analytical)
- Insurance laws
- Consumer Protection Laws
- Criminal Laws
- Excellent contract drafting, review and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze complex legal problems, new business propositions and develop suitable solutions
- familiarity with insurance-related issues and interpretation of statutes.
- drafting and conveyancing
- Information Technology awareness
- understanding of business / commercial transactions.
- superior spoken and written skills in English. Desirable two other languages.
- ability to prioritize workloads and deliver on time
- provide practical solutions within legal constraints
Soft/Transferable Competencies Required
Approx. 5 bullet points in total Essential:
- flexible team player
- excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written) strategic-thinker
- problem solver
- able to develop and maintain co-operative working relationships
- computer proficient
- ability to manage external counsel relationships
- ability to work independently and collaboratively to foster a team environment
- understanding of when issues need to be reported or escalated
- ability to interface effectively with clients, other departments, and all levels within the organization.
- willingness to travel as and when called for.
(Identifies the knowledge, skill and characteristic/attitude requirements for effective performance. See dictionary of competencies. E.g. Customer orientation, analysis/problem solving, interpersonal skills, team player)
Learning and Development to support Role Competencies