Aditya Birla Group - Head - Central Logistics (10-20 yrs)
Head - Central Logistics (Only from Chemical Industry)
Job Purpose - To drive logistics function for Outbound, Inbound, EXIM, Warehousing for sustainable logistics with focus on innovative solutions to improve cost, delivery efficiency & customer satisfaction.
- Drive safety in transport & distribution along with Central control tower & overall vehicle fitness initiatives. Design & implement distribution strategies with focus on digital solution in overall improvement in logistics deliveries.
- Drive commercial negotiations & ensure smooth logistics operations across all 8 Units.
- OUTBOUND & EXPORT LOGISTICS COST OPTIMISATION & IMPROVE OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCIES by strategic negotiations, mode shift, route optimization, multi modes, backhaul options, dynamic distribution strategies, synergies among group companies, vehicle tracking using control tower to bring cost effectiveness, improve TAT/OTIF & create differentiation for customers.
- Making Negotiation strategies, conduction reverse auctions/Tenders etc. support commercial negotiation of unit level logistics freight & Export freights with analytics, benchmarking and market knowledge inputs e.g., logical route clusters, clean sheet costing, transporter mix for sustainable share of business, scale leverage from inter unit and inter group synergies.
- INBOUND & IMPORT LOGISTICS COST & INVENTORY OPTIMISATION by Bulk Movements, Change in INCOTERMs, Total cost based models, Key Raw Material complete logistics cost & process focus, mode shift, backhaul options with outbound, vehicle tracking using control tower to bring cost effectiveness, reduce inventories fulfilment time cycle.
- Develop strategy for Bulk movement, cost effective port selection, suggest change in Incoterms, Change in mode of RM movement by focusing on both cost & inventory replenish cycle.
- Evaluate & recommend after thorough study new/advanced modes of transportation which can lead to lower logistics cost
- Analyze requirements in various units & available storages to recommend ideal locations for godown /secondary - storage which will enable stable plant operations and reduce logistics cost
- Safety in Transportation & distribution for Hazchem where the liability of smallest incident in very high is Paramount
- Ensure Legal & Statuary Compliance to nullify any such liabilities
- People Management to develop people & make them ready for future requirements to deliver good for the organization
- Team Reporting in - Unit logistics heads, EXIM Manager, Safety Head, Logistics Manager