Recruiter at Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Pvt Ltd
Views:1902 Applications:712 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
Aditya Birla Group - AVP - Sales (8-12 yrs)
The purpose of the position :
Develop, influence and drive the implementation of the growth agenda for his area. Accountable for achieving sales objectives, controlling sales expenses and market share. Directs and defines the sales strategy of the organization. Creates opportunities and oversees the development of strategic sales initiatives.
Scope of Role :
- This position will handle Trade / Distribution channel sales (Dealer Network, Distribution Network and multi-channel sales). The major role and focus would be scaling up existing network of channel partners 2x/3x the current revenue, as we see an immense potential in the business. Incumbent will also be solely responsible for P&L health, team management and new initiatives to the BU / Brand offered.
Key Metrics - Value Achievement Vs. Plan, Extent Distribution network across geographies (Tier 1 / Tier 2 / Tier 3). Execution of Go-to-Market Strategy, Coaching Team.
General Responsibilities :
Business Strategy :
- Develop and implement strategies for gaining market share in business reach and depth
- Build a good network of distributors, scout out for new and trustworthy distributors for better market penetration
- Ensuring product placement at all key outlets and also the balance tiers
- Be updated about competitors- strategies in order to re-develop sales strategies
- Obtain customer feedback about demands and suggest innovations to suit the market requirements
- Manage and generate demands plus share demand forecasts for better product availability
- Design and implement trade promotions
- Design and implement BTL activation
- Market the product effectively and manage its impact
- Manage the success of launch of new products/categories in the region and driving business through them.
- Ensure that business is supported by enough workforce to drive sales
Sales & Distribution Management :
- Develop sales strategy for products by planning with team
- Track the demand and develop effective strategy to generate revenue by supplying product as per requirement based on season, festivities and geographies
- Structure the distribution of the entire range of products in a manner that is most profitable not only for organization but also for retailers.
- Track sales, identify improvement areas and implement strategy
- Build trust with partners and retailers
- Maintain all accounts of the zones under span of control
Brand Visibility :
- Ensure Point of sale branding is available in the retail outlet to gain visibility
- Develop cost effective marketing strategies at key counters to display product, generate demand and enhance sales
Cost Management :
- Establishes and manages budgets, forecasts, and reports.
- Controlling Discounts and Channel Margins.
- Ensuring Credit and Commercial Control.
- Scrutinizes regional expenses against budget. Develops cost control policies when necessary.
- Ensure optimum level of stock in warehouse.
People Leader :
- Coach, engage, inspire, supervise and retain Sales Teams across levels.
- Drive sales capability building programs for the sales teams.
- Personally drive Career and Succession planning in the Sales / Distribution Team.
- Coach Regional teams to delivers Brand, Channel & Distribution Outcomes in line with plans for the region.
- Directs the activities of the teams to ensure compliance with the business plan and company policies.
- Collaborating & influencing other functions - Product, Marketing, Commercials etc.
Stocks and inventory management :
- Coordinate with cross functional teams
- Plan production and storage of stocks in such a way as to ensure seamless flow of operations
- Get the required stocks of products distributed as per strategy
- Manage new product requirements
- Tail-cutting, i.e., Ensuring feedbacks shared for non-moving products so as to manage inventory
- Ensure that stocks are maintained such that deliverables reach the partner(s) store(s) on time.