Assistant Consultant at Huquo
Views:767 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Actuarial Role - Life Insurance (2-12 yrs)
- Independent research, to analyze, and to present data as assigned
- Expected to work in close collaboration with the team and clients on life insurance actuarial projects for US markets.
- Experience in Valuation, projection, modeling.
- Critically examine and deep dive into models and identify possible areas of testing
- Prepare detailed end-to-end documentation for the models developed and the testing done
- Assist in learning and development of new team members
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines
- Complete understanding of the current state of affairs and problem statement
- Interacting with clients on regular basis, understanding their requirements and providing actuarial solutions
- Model testing and validation for USA life insurance products
- Build automated models in suitable platform to test actuarial model output
- Able to automate the task which are repetitive and can do process improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor- s/Master's degree in economics, mathematics, actuarial sciences, statistics
- Experience with SQL, Advanced Excel, VBA is required and knowledge of Python is an added advantage.
- Affiliation to IAI or IFOA, and exam criteria;
- Student Actuary : actuarial exams
- Experience level required;
- Student Actuary : 2+ years
- Knowledge of US life insurance products is required
- Prior experience is Pricing/Modeling is preferred
- Knowledge of GGY-Axis, Prophet, R, SAS, Python, Power BI/ Tableau or any other actuarial software would be good to have
- Strong ability to learn technical and business knowledge
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges
- Is able to understand cross cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe