Deputy Manager - Talent Acquisition at Atria Convergence Technologies Ltd
Views:1542 Applications:207 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
ACT - Assistant General Manager - Operations (8-14 yrs)
We have an excellent opportunity for the position of Assistant General Manager - Operations (Digital Cable & MSO Business) in our organization.
The position will be based in Vijayawada and will report into Vice President - Operations.
Desired Profile ::
Qualification: Preferably MBA from a reputed institute.
Experience: Minimum 8 + Years of work experience either in the areas of Sales & Marketing, Business Operations or General Management.
Industry Background: FMCG / CD, Telecom/ISP, Media/Broadcast, Office Automation or any other consumer-centric industry.
Candidate with P&L Management and leading large team exposure will be of great advantage.
Job Description :
Main Focus and Challenges
1) Grow the Market
2) Protect and gain the share especially with the advent of the competitor.
3) Build a vibrant workplace.
4) Ensure the best Customer Service levels.
5) External Relationships
6) Future proofing business through the implementation of org-wide automation.
7) Ensure a stable and charged team.
Specific Responsibilities :
Ownership of Andhra Pradesh growth-strategy and annual operating performance:
- The OPERATIONS HEAD will spend the initial months to secure a grip of business nuances across regions and business units and in particular focus on end-customer requirements and trends in the market place. Based on insights gained and on consultations with the team, and the VP-Operations, to whom the role reports, he/she will evolve a directional strategy for AP Business in terms of renewed commercial decisions and the works. Based on the strategic agenda thus formulated, OPERATIONS HEAD will breakdown the strategic intent
- Into annual business plans, further exploded quarterly. This whole exercise of evolving achievable business plans on a 3-year rolling basis will be led by the new incumbent. He/she should carefully craft out a new agenda arising out of existing framework hitherto successfully pursued by the company. Subsequently, OPERATIONS HEAD will drive achievement of the planned financial performance.
Sales & Business Development:
- The incumbent will, along with the sales and marketing teams lead overall business development efforts with emphasis on deployment of end customer connectivity and proactive customer care. He/she will drive business efficiencies through optimization and stress on equal emphasis for both customer acquisition and retention activities. The OPERATIONS HEAD will also help the leadership teams to formulate and implement location specific marketing strategies, in the process identifying segments for immediate and long term penetration. The incumbent's overarching goal is to prepare the organization to meet the challenges presented by new trends and developments in the broadband sector.
- The OPERATINS HEAD will lead the business unit with in-depth Sales/Marketing, Service Delivery, Technical and commercial functions and complexities associated with it. The leader will oversee all managers and operating teams. He/she will guide and effectively supervise day-to-day performance, institute/reinforce the existing performance review mechanisms and follow it up by effective rewards and recognition system and in the process identify and groom leaders to create a succession plan. He/she will closely work with the HR function to create a vibrant, performance-led culture across the locations.
Relationships with external stakeholders including oversight on Regulatory function:
- OPERATIONS HEAD will spend quality time and efforts in liaising with key external stakeholders impacting the Act's sustainable business model. He/she should spend adequate time in nurturing business tie-ups and in proactive relationship building with government, (Broadcasters, LCO, DoT, TRAI, etc.,) spanning areas of policy advocacy particularly with respect to broadband affecting the company directly. The company also needs approvals from other departments in the government whenever there is expansion of capacity in the networks. Some of these areas have to be kept under tight watch byte OPERATIONS HEAD.
- The OPERATIONS HEAD will establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with the stakeholders, keeping them informed about the current trends related to product & services offered by the organization in the info media and entertainment sector.
Risk management, Governance and Compliance:
- The incumbent will continually assess risks from the external environment, from the business model itself and the input factors affecting the business. Further, he/she will have in place a plan B or the risk mitigation approaches which would protect the company from commercial Exposures to potential non-performing assets and downsides.
- The OPERATIONS HEAD will lead by example, in driving compliance to regulatory, internal reporting and disclosure norms prescribed by the organization. Creating a fine balance of pursuing an aggressive growth strategy and at the same time instituting best practices of management decision making has to be the cornerstone of the success story.
Qualifications & Experience
-A general athlete- with a proven track record in managing growth in a :
- B2C space with at least 8+ years of total work experience in the competitive industry in India. Preferably with experience in Telecom, FMCG / Consumer Durables / DTH/E-Commerce.
- Track-record of at least 5 years with complete responsibilities for all functions.
- It is preferred that the candidates have worked extensively in a multicultural and complex environment.
- The formative phase of the career could be either in an operations role or from the sales and business development areas, as long as clearly the upscaling as a P&L leader has occurred.
- Functional expertise in sales and distribution in B2C space, relationship management with regulatory authorities, corporate & trade customers and at the same time abilities to lead sales, projects and technical functions.
Leadership & Management Behavioural Competencies
- Strategic thinking
- Customer Orientation
- Managing Innovation
- Analytical Skills
- Passionate and Quality Focused.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, cross-functional environment.
- Passionate about leadership and motivating a large young high energy team.
- Highly intelligent with strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Possesses a sophisticated understanding of what relationships are important to the company and its stakeholders, and how to leverage them into an enduring competitive advantage.
- Executive demeanor, poise and confidence, balanced with humility and enthusiasm.
- Driven by high-performance standards, always expanding his/her business management tools, insights and techniques.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.