Accounts Head - Textile Industry - CA (8-10 yrs)
Role/ Position Accounts Head
We are looking for a candidate having 8-10 years' experience in Accounts and Taxation department preferably from Textile Industry Export House. A bright, young, Chartered Accountant with around 4-6 years of post-qualification experience, should possess the urge to learn and get exposed to new areas and challenges & should have a keen eye for numbers and accounting nuances and control processes, needs to be a team player with good interpersonal skills
1. Duties and Responsibilities: To lead the Accounts function and assume end to end responsibility of the complete gamut of general accounting, maintenance of proper books, providing accurate and timely accounting information for Reporting and Analysis, establish and maintain key controls, audits and assurances and compliance and adherence to Corporate guidelines and Policies at all times.
a) Functional :
- Manage all accounting systems, ensuring effective and efficient processes, proper data capture and availability.
- Ensure overall internal controls, segregation of duties and maker-checker arrangement for all accounting inputs.
- Ensure overall internal controls as per laid down procedures in all key functions at the Unit level.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss account and Cash-flow statement in the IndAS system after proper book closure on system with a detailed closing procedure
- Finalize & Reconcile Accounts (Banks, customers & vendors, cash books) on a periodic basis
- Sales & Receivables Accounting - Sales Invoice checking, Debtors reconciliation, Support proactive management of receivables and ensure collection efficiency.
- Purchase & Accounts Payable Accounting - Vendor reconciliations, vendor payments allocation and payables ageing analysis.
- Inventory Control & Management - Ensure accurate periodic physical inventory exercises, slow/non-moving analysis and action plans.
- Fixed Assets Management - Ensure to maintain an updated Fixed Assets Register with accurate asset details, capitalizations and depreciation accounting.
- Ensure Compliances of Direct and Indirect Taxes - Ensure information readiness in a timely manner for limited reviews, statutory audit & tax audits, GST audits
- Responsible for all statutory, Taxation, legal & commercial compliances - Support preparation of the AOP (Budget) in consultation with FP&A Team and CFO - Manage Cash-flow to make sure working capital requirements at Region / Branches levels are met at any given time.
b) Process Improvement:
- Interacting closely with cross functional teams to bring about accurate data capturing, reliability of various operational and accounting reports
- Ensure adherence to the financial discipline and process orientation.
- Focus on improving collections and inventory controls
- Implement methods of accurate data capture, retrieval and reports on Product / Segment costing.
c) People Responsibility:
- Actively interact and co-ordinate with cross-functional teams for effective flow of information, process effectiveness and internal controls.
- Ensure development, retention or replacement of team members.
- Ensure that the team members are equipped and informed on key financial and accounting processes and the relevant laws that are applicable to their roles.
Skills & Attributes:
- Hands on experience of working in Textile Industry
- Well conversant in IndAS accounting system
- Experience in independently managing day-to-day Accounting, Finance and Statutory compliances
- Strong analytical skills and feel for numbers
- Strong Excel skills. Experience of ERP (any) environment
- Good Communication skills
- High on initiatives, self-drive and tenacity.
- Experience in dealing with cross functional teams and senior management.
Men's, Women's and Kids:
- Woven : Scarves, Stoles, Poncho, Kaftan, Pocket Squares, Bandana etc.
- Knitted : Sweaters, Beanie's, Scarves, Gloves, Mittens, Ponchos etc.
- Hats & Caps : Base Ball Caps, Straw Hats, Straw Bags, Bucket Hats, Tote Bags, Dog Accessories etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.