Accounting Operations Analyst - Regulatory Agency (5-7 yrs)
Accounting Ops Analyst - USA Regulatory Agencies
- The work will evolve as the team grows and stabilizes but will start with reviewing financial statements, accounting, reconciliations, and aggregating data for analysis, reporting and journal entries. Analysis will include period-over-period variances, trends, aging, capital calculations and reserve adjustments.
- Month and quarter end closing activities and financial account monitoring will also be required. This team will also support the preparation and review of management and regulatory reports and data submissions.
- The team will access key systems and provide system table maintenance. The team will also handle a variety of research and ad hoc requests. The team may also be responsible for managing small projects and may support audit requests.
- Over time, this team will help drive efficiency and automation of these processes.
- This team will also build a center of excellence capability responsible for partnering across the Controller teams to ensure data analytic needs are met, including automation of processes for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness.
Essential Qualifications :
- Bachelors/ Post graduate in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 5 to 7 years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
Desired Qualifications :
- Knowledge of USA regulatory agencies (ie SEC, OCC, FED) and related reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
- Knowledge of banking and lending
- Knowledge and understanding of data management concepts, process, and tools
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Experience with data analytic tools (such as Essbase, Access, SAS and/or SQL)