Founder at Futurz Consulting
Views:5781 Applications:188 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Accounting Lead - CA/ CPA - Biopharmaceutical (10-14 yrs)
We have been retained by our client to partner with them to recruit the position mentioned below.
Candidate confidentiality is something that we swear by. We will share the CV with the client only post we have had a detailed conversation with you.
Title: Associate Director - Accounting
Company: A large US based biopharmaceutical company with operations in India.
Experience: 10 years +
Education: CA/ CFA
Compensation: Industry best
- The incumbent will be responsible for leading the Mumbai Accounting shared services team by providing strategic guidance and direction over process transitions, solution designs and driving flawless Accounting service delivery for multiple global locations from India.
- In conjunction with U.S. headquarters Accounting team, the incumbent will lead the effort to ensure consistent implementation of accounting, finance policies, robust controls and efficient month close processes for the company.
- The role also requires ensuring compliance with accounting standards, internal control procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley. The selected candidate will collaborate very closely with the onshore Accounting leadership team on both strategy and operational matters.
- Lead a growing Accounting shared services team in Mumbai
- Serve as head of Accounting for Mumbai, partnering with the Corporate Accounting Team to build and manage the execution of 3-5 year strategic plan for service delivery and compliance
- Provide guidance to HQ for best practices in Accounting shared service
- Collaborate and effectively manage relationship with Head of Global Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Global Accounting Teams to align on outcomes, deliver on deadlines, manage projects and inform on challenges faced
- Recruit strong team of professionals and manage turnover below industry benchmarks
- Ongoing resource planning to ensure that company has the rights number of staffing resources in place with the right skill sets.
- Manage, coach and develop a growing team of Accounting professionals.
- Ensure execution of key objectives of global Accounting team, including accuracy and timeliness of key tasks
- Manage transition of global Accounting compliance processes from global business units to shared service center
- Ensure all Accounting process transitions and delivery follow a well-defined methodology including defined and measurable SLAs
- Ensure high quality services, meeting global stakeholders- expectations with optimum resource utilization for maximum service quality
- Ensure close interaction with global offices and regional shared service centers to understand requirements and deliver services accordingly
- Manage outcomes with a strong customer focus, strong business partnership, engaging local markets/teams during the month, effective outreach to develop understanding of business units supported
- Liaise with external consultants for statutory audits
- Develop useful and validated KPIs, metrics for performance, productivity and service delivery
Review of Accounting process delivery, including but not restricted to, for the following:
- Maintain and Review of General Ledger accounts and related activities for the preparation of financial statements.
- General Accounting, prepare and review of journal entries and accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles.
- Support Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Intercompany related accounting / reporting.
- Streamline accounting processes by preparing and updating Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Support compliance and adherence with central/federal, state, local financial/legal requirements.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Support compliance with accounting standards and policies, as well as compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Finance systems SOD reviews.
- Support statutory audit and coordinate the audit process.
- Participate and contribute in Continuous Improvement initiatives (Lean or Six Sigma or Kaizen)
- 10-12 years of Accounting experience
- Leadership experience in outsourcing (shared services) a must
- Leading process transitions from onshore to offshore locations
- Strong knowledge of best practice Accounting processes
- Strong knowledge U.S. GAAP a must
- Experience in multinational company a must
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CA or CPA a must
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.