Senior Associate Consultant at Exponent Consulting
Views:536 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Academy Dean - Economics - Education Firm (10-20 yrs)
Post Graduate Academy of Economics is a vibrant, research-oriented institute offering a world-class post-graduate program in Economics with specializations in Finance, Data Analytics, and Public Policy. The academy places a strong emphasis on teaching and research and provides a generous pay package along with state of the art infrastructure and facilities. The academy is located in Mumbai, the economic and financial nerve center of India.
We invite applications for the position of Dean of the Academy.
Job Description :
1) Coordinate, facilitate and manage the quality of the academic programs offered by the Academy
2) Lay out the course structure and the course content
3) Evaluate faculty is the classroom and work closely with the program coordinator for each program to ensure smooth functioning
4) Responsible for hiring of faculty
5) Counsel students and monitor students who are struggling in classes.
6) Mentor and supervise students during their dissertations
7) 100 hours of teaching
8) Liasion with other international and local universities of repute to facilitate greater interaction and exchange of faculty, students and research.
9) Serve as brand ambassador for the institute and raise its profile through interactions with students, faculty, corporates and media.
Administrative Duties :
1) Plan and direct university activities related to student services and campus life.
2) Help coordinate admissions, serve as a point of information for students and responding to students' needs.
3) oversee and assist students who are going through the admissions process by answering questions, reviewing documentation and financial information and advising students on the best suited program for their needs.
4) Create admission criteria for each program and finalise the entire process of admission in consultation with the respective program coordinators.
5) Conduct guest lectures in colleges as part of the admissions out-reach program
6) Ensure that the academy is operating within the rules and regulations set by the local university
1) Dynamic individual wit ability to connect with a broad section of society.
2) Candidate should ideally embody the brand pillars of the institute - rigor, access, integrity and agility.
3) Administrative experience in an academic institution
4) Excellent communication skills, extremely well organised and detail oriented.
5) PhD Economics with 10 plus year of teaching experience