Talent Acquisition Specialist at Abbott
Views:3449 Applications:223 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:56
Abbott - Head/Associate Director - Government Affairs (10-16 yrs)
PRIMARY FUNCTION :
Proactively assess trends, policies and emerging issues related to price controls, and the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, National Pharmaceuticals and Pricing Authority of India, DCGI and to develop and implement strategies, policies and actions to effectively address issues that impact all Abbott businesses in India.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Stay apprised of business goals and strategies in order to assess impact of legislative, executive, regulatory and NGO policies on Abbott in India regarding price controls.
- Identify health care and other policy developments in India that could impact Abbott's business and operation.
- Proactively identify opportunities to pursue favourable government policies that could positively impact shareholder interests.
- Establish relationships; advance and protect Abbott interests and reputation with key stakeholders, e.g. governments, policymakers, industry associations, key opinion leaders, non-government organizations and patient groups in India. In particular, responsible for maintaining relationships with members from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, National Pharmaceuticals, DCGI and Pricing Authority of India.
- Stays appraised of international policy trends and apply knowledge to Indian region to proactively advance Abbott's interests.
- Responsible for the compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Represents Abbott's business for, and works extensively with assigned industry groups and associations, including providing input and direction to proactive/reactive responses by associations to industry issues, policy development, etc.
- Participates in GGA Network. Shares learning, initiatives, information and actions across the GGA Network. Implements proactive action plans aimed at enhancing relationships with key influencers which protect and support critical business objectives.
- University or Bachelor's degree required. A Master's degree in political science, public policy, public health, or MBA is preferable. Legal / medical degree a plus.
- Indian government or policy experience essential. Global experience a plus.
- More than Ten year's minimum in positions of increasing responsibility and experience in government affairs, or public policy in the Pharmaceutical / nutrition / health care industry is strongly desired.
- Deep knowledge and/or experience in Indian governments or regional health Organizations are highly desired.
- Proven contact network, involvement and success in influencing the development of policy and strong knowledge of the political process.
General Expertise and Competencies :
- Experience developing & maintaining effective relationships with and proven ability to interface well with members of the Indian health care policy, legislative, regulatory, & NGO community and key pharmaceutical and/or nutrition officials.
- Proven track record of policy development, negotiations, and professional writing, Communication and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under deadline pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Indian health care systems including product approval, distribution, pricing, reimbursement, quality and safety controls, agencies and procedures including, good contacts with national and local healthcare authorities.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results, motivate and positively influence individuals both inside and outside of the organization.
- Experience working with and counselling senior management required.
- Team player who seeks to become an integral part of an industry-leading government affairs group.
- Strong organizational skills, adept at managing complex array of projects/issues
Technical Skills / Training :
- Proficiency in strategy, policy development, action plans and tactical steps.
- Good analytical, writing, and influencing skills to develop and convey strategies, policies and action plans.
- Good presentation / communication skills - Strong ability to communicate in English.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.