Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2370 Applications:144 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Business Analyst - Commercial Data Science Team (1-3 yrs)
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We- ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
This position will be a part of the Global Commercial Data Science team. Our world-class analytics team applies rigorous, solution-oriented analysis and modeling techniques to help businesses attract and retain customers, understand market trends, track and diagnose market share changes and improve advertising and marketing effectiveness.
Job responsibilities include: -
1) Delivering on modeling priorities Developing and enhancing statistical models by utilizing the best-in-class modeling techniques with available data
2) Exploration of new Information sources to create predictive attributes that provide incremental discrimination
3) Tracking and monitoring the performance of existing models and conduct reviews
4) Work closely with other teams to develop system capabilities, models, controls and designing data elements
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Postgraduate (M.Tech / MBA / M. Stats / MA Economics) with 1-3 years of work
- Experience in the analytics industry
- Proficiency & experience in econometric, statistical and machine learning techniques to develop best in class predictive models & clustering methodology is preferred
- Proficiency in Big Data (Python; Hive) and SAS/SQL. Working knowledge of Hadoop architecture & analytical tools (GBM, K nearest neighbor etc)
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment, flexibility and adaptability to work with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Relevant statistical analysis/econometric experience and ability to effectively translate analytical findings to business implications
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with complex, unstructured initiatives - Excellent written/oral communication skills
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Operations
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.