Position - Sr. Manager - Learning & Development
Base Location - Bangalore
Reportees - No reportees to start with.
Reports to - Head - HR
Overview of the role
The Sr. Manager-Learning and Development will work closely with all business heads to define the immediate and long term strategies that support the business objectives. This includes :
- Set up the Learning & Development function and philosophy for the organisation.
- Technical (business specifc) & behavioral development activities that incorporate key principles of adult education and are aligned with the organizational vision and core values.
- Develop, direct and implement learning and development initiatives that will be consistent across the organisation and not just business specific
Size of responsibility
Financial : Learning Budget of the organisation
Team Size : No. of reportees (Direct & Indirect)
No. of Customers : All Business Verticals - Technology, Business Development, Customer Support, Logistics, Warehouse & Procurement
Geographic Spread : Pan India
External : Training Partners/Vendors/Industry Forums
Internal : Business Teams/ Reportees/ Other Location Teams/ Peer teams
Education : MBA HR from a premier B-School
Exp Required : 6-10 yrs of Experience
- Experience of setting up a learning function for an organization (online, offline)
- Up to date with various vendors and their solutions / offerings
- Facilitator in managerial coaching and mentoring
- Proven track record of creating and implementing successful management/leadership development programs including strong facilitation skills
- Additional training qualifications is desirable
Knowledge & Skills
- Training Methodologies
- Business processes
- Financial Knowledge. Bugdet Management.
- Industry Knowledge
- Working knowledge of current and emerging training tools and learning aids.
- Advanced computer skills needed, including MS Office Applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to link operations, risks and financial data to evaluate situations.
- Adeptness at online delivery of training through a learning management system.
- Superior verbal, written, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
Role Dimensions Planning &Organising :
- Plan, direct, and coordinate learning objectives and instructional strategies; including developing the best methodologies for training delivery (i.e. web-based, classroom, etc.).
- Design, deliver, and evaluate corporate-wide management, and employee development programs working closely with management, departments, and other training team members.
- Conduct training needs analysis and identify performance gaps across Flipkart and its business units and recommend appropriate interventions.
- Ensure planning within budgets and achievement of # of man-hours of training / effective learning, collection / collation of user feedback
- Work with the OD team, the HR Business Partners to assess and strengthen talent pipelines and resolve talent management challenges
Decision Making :
- Management of the training budget
- Training programs and channels of delivery
- Channel partnerships
- Training team management
- Presentation to and getting buy-in from Senior Leadership on Learning initiatives
- Delivery of workshops
- Communication of philosophies to HR Teams
Please reply to my email email@example.com with current CTC, expected CTC & notice period details.