About People Group
While People Group can trace it’s origins to the beginning of Shaadi.com in 1996, the Group was formally launched by Anupam Mittal in 2004 to explore opportunities in the Internet & Mobile space. In a few short years the group has earned the reputation for being one of the most innovative businesses in India, having developed brands such as Shaadi.com, Makaan.com and Mauj Mobile.
The group is structured into two different companies - People Interactive and People Infocom.
People Interactive is the Consumer Internet arm of the Group and owns the brand Makaan.com, under which successful real estate business is managed. The company also owns Shaadi.com, world largest matrimony site, as well as Fropper.com, a friendship and social networking service.
People Infocom is managed under the Mauj Mobile brand, widely regarded as one of the pioneers of Mobile Internet in India. Today, Mauj Mobile runs a global content and applications platform and distribution business - including the highly popular mobile destination called Mobango - with strong partnerships with Telecom operators and media companies around the world. Mauj and Mobango together drive over one million downloads a day.
People Group has demonstrated consistent growth year-on-year and today operates with over 800 employees across 12 regional and 3 global offices. In addition, it operates 100 Shaadi Centers in 87 Indian cities.
People Group has won the Deloitte Fast 50 India Award for 3 consecutive years as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 Asia Award. It is a recipient of the prestigious Red Herring 100 Asia Award and the Emerging India Award held by CNBC. People Group has also been voted as one of the Top 10 marketers in India by Business Today. People Group won the IT People Award for Excellence in Information Technology and was also selected as one of the Top 10 marketers in the country by Business Today.
Investors in People Group include Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, Silicon Valley Bank and Citibank.
Title - Product Manager
Product Manager is primarily responsible for strategic product planning, defining, delivering, and continuously innovating Internet based consumer products and services. Product manager should strive to create world-class products that are marketable and be instrumental in getting the same implemented.
- Understanding customer needs and consumer behavior through research, customer feedback analysis, click stream analysis, and direct interactions with customers.
- Analyzing product metrics regularly and use the learning for product innovations and improvements.
- Innovating and delivering products that differentiate us from competition. This will include new products as well as enhancements to existing products.
- Conducting regular competition analysis and recommending plan of action – should master the details of competitive landscape.
- Working closely with Engineering, Research, Quality Assurance, Design and Marketing teams to create synergies leading to a high quality product.
- Creating product specifications documents and conducting product specification reviews with key stakeholders such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Design & others.
- Ensuring timely delivery of projects through proper planning, scheduling and execution.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing product related inputs to marketing, sales and CRM teams.
- Training and mentoring teams as and when required.
Product Manager must understand consumer needs, convert broad ideas into rationalized product definitions and specifications, and collaboratively deliver products in a timely manner. He/she must be able to drive consensus among various stakeholders and articulate tradeoffs used in making product related choices & decisions.
Following professional traits are necessary requirements:
- Strong consumer focus
- Innovative and capable of out-of-the-box thinking
- Able to create value using good business judgment
- Detail oriented, however, does not lose the big picture of final product and time to market
- Strong results orientation – is able to focus and deliver results
- Excellent problem solving skills – coming up with simple solutions to complex problems
- Team Player –ability to drive consensus, leverage synergies from cross functional teams
- Total relevant work experience: 4 to 6 years
Good to have
- MBA from top B School
- Experience in managing Internet based consumer products or services is an advantage
- Delhi / NCR based
Please send your resume to email@example.com