DESIGNATION - AVP/ VP- National Vertical Head (Consumer Soft)
REPORTS TO - DIRECTOR
LOCATION - Mumbai
ABOUT THE CLIENT - India’s No.1 Media Conglomerate
QUALIFICATION - MBA from Top Tier B-School (IIM’s, ISB,FMS,IMT, XLRI, MDI, S.P Jain etc.).
Batch : 1995, 1996, 1997,1998,1999,2000,2001
TARGET INDUSTRIES - FMCG or a Mix of FMCG + Other Industry
COMPENSATION - As per Industry Standards.
SOFT SKILLS - Youth bent of mind, Excellent Presentation/ Interpersonal skills, Smart, Independent, Self Starter, Ability to deliver in a dynamic environment.
- The position is responsible for driving value growth of the Consumer Soft vertical at a national level .The consumer soft vertical is currently underpenetrated and, given its salience in the overall national advertising pie, is a key vertical in the future growth of the company.
- Value growth via this vertical is critical to overall business success for the company & group, and this growth will need to be achieved by developing strong strategic relationships with key clients, delivering idea based solutions to clients’ marketing challenges and through enhanced knowledge based selling within our company.
- Working Closely with External Parties viz. Key Clients, Media Agencies, Industry experts (consulting, research, financial markets) as well as Internal Parties viz. Location vertical heads, Director’s group, Exec Comm.
- Working Closely with the Executive President on Weekly + Monthly + Review, Client meetings, Strategy development, driving internal alignment & road map.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Strategy Development & Review
- Strategy Execution – including revenue management & regular internal reviews of location teams
- Meeting clients and key external constituents of the market
- External – While the market presents a large & obvious potential, the behavior of customers in this vertical has not been encouraging for the English newspaper business. The challenge is akin to category development, with the environment being intensely challenging in terms of weakness in ad-spends, entrenched competition from TV dominant companies and quick evolution of the digital media space.
- Internal – Navigate the challenges presented by functional priorities which may be at odds with the vertical strategy. Enhance quality of Biz Dev team. Creating a robust system of idea generation and idea based selling
- Idea Development
- People hiring & skill development
- Go / No Go decisions on client relationships
- Strategy for the vertical
- Strategy for the revenue function overall
- Driving organizational changes
Do revert with your interest level on the same. This is a Specific search Mandate and I will be happy to connect with you and Resolve queries at your end.
Please contact with your updated resume as well as a Photograph so that I can discuss the mandate in detail.
Email ID - firstname.lastname@example.org
B-304, Leo, 24th Road
Mumbai, 400052 INDIA