Designation - Manager - Editorial
Location - Gurgaon
Experience - 10+ years
Qualification - Law degree
1.Formulate plans for editorial work required in book projects on the Publication Calendar, after assessing content of new scripts/ update material for new editions
2.Meet the deadlines for each of the projects of the Publishing Calendar.
3.Commission new editions of the Backlist titles in consultation with the Publishing Director and manage authors.
4.Organize reviews for initiating new editions, and create and maintain a panel of Key Opinion Leaders in each subject area.
5.Prepare and maintain a tracker of editorial tasks; track the progress of all book projects [current as well as scripts under preparation by Operations], and generate MIS on weekly basis.
6.Assign work to and give feedback to legal research editors/ desk editors on their progress on tasks assigned. (Manage the resources in a manner to use the capacity to maximum.)
7.Create and train a panel of freelance copyeditors.
8.Carry out research and editorial work personally as and when necessary.
9.Ensure cordial and effective communication with authors, oral and also written.
10.Ensure effective coordination between the Editorial and Operations/Pre-Press departments to achieve efficient and timely preparation of final proofs/CRCs for printing.
11.Ensure proper documentation of editorial work done on book projects and preparation of marketing material for our publications.
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
- University Law Degree or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of substantial legal research experience in an academic, law practice, publishing, governmental, or judicial context.
- Thorough familiarity with primary as well as secondary research resources pertaining to Indian law, both in print and electronic (online and CD Rom).
- Ability to manage direct reports with law degrees.
- High caliber English language communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage time effectively, including balancing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of technologies used in the publishing process such as SGML/HTML/XML
- Good working knowledge of publishing workflow from idea conception through to receipt by customer
- Excellent communication, organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Confidence to lead and keep motivated a highly educated and qualified team.
- Ability to manage people with both courtesy and firmness. Emotional intelligence.
- Alertness regarding the need for revising and reformulating plans where necessary.
Please send your resume to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Advantage Pvt. Ltd.