Position - Deputy Manager Internal Audit
Exp - 1-5 yrs
Location - Mumbai
Education - MBA / CA
To work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Head IA to generally achieve the following for PPMS and GwIA function:
- Plan audit assignments. This will involve collating information on the area being audited including key systems, organisational structure, financial and budgetary information, any legal or regulatory requirements etc. The planned phase will involve dialogue and interviews with the management responsible for the area being audited. The Deputy Manager should then brief the audit team, where applicable, on their respective roles. The Audit Manager should also be kept informed on the evolution of the planning work.
- Being able to properly assimilate the information provided by the BU Audit Manager from the Planning phase of the audit. The Deputy Manager should be able to understand the business background of the area being audited; and their role in the audit assignment. It maybe necessary from time to time, for the Deputy Manager to assist the Manager in conducting the planning phase of the audit.
- Document the key processes and associated controls being examined in the audit – the Deputy Manager would be involved in the more complex activities being reviewed. This will involve the use of flowcharts where necessary. The Deputy Manager should be able to complete a control and risk assessment matrix following their documentation of the systems and processes being reviewed.
- Create a Test Programme to check that the controls identified in the risk assessment exercise are working properly.
- Address any review points raised during Audit Review/ QRA.
- Review the working papers of Auditors on the assignment, where applicable, to ensure they comply with the agreed standards. This may involve drafting review points.
- Review, and amend as necessary, the testing programmes prepared by the Auditors, where applicable.
- Perform testing as required.
- Draft audit conclusions based on control and risk evaluation and associated testing. Practical recommendations for any remedial action should be made.
- Draft the internal audit report for discussion with the BU Audit Manager and Auditee management.
- Assist the Audit Manager in discussing and finalising the findings and observations with the management responsible for the activities being audited.
- Promote GwIA and the service it provides by building strong and effective working relationships with senior management, other staff and external auditors.
- Populate Auto Audit with planning, fieldwork and reporting material
- Use of Issue Track to track and close recommendations
- Support the process of reviewing evidence of delivery against recommendations through to closure.
- Ensure IA recommendations are complementary to the business strategy.
- Ensure efficient closure of IA recommendations.
- Plan and deliver IA reviews of consistently high quality.
- Implement the Prudential Performance Management process locally, and work with internal and external bodies to facilitate professional and other staff training solutions within budgetary constraints.
- Delivery of Project Work (e.g. Production of Audit Committee Papers, Scheduling, or, Annual Planning).
This job will involve significant travel outside India
Knowledge / Skills required -
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of business risk and control frameworks and how these map to evolving regulatory requirements (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Familiarity with the Strategic Visions and Values of PRU UK and PPMS.
- At least 1+ year of post qualification experience
- Chartered Accountancy/ IIA or other professional business-related qualification
- Track record of delivering process/control improvements within significant programmes of work with nominal supervision.
- Gather, summarise, and examine data or information and Identify implications of findings.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Share profiles alongwith CTC details at firstname.lastname@example.org