Common Job Description
Typical Job responsibility
Recruitment & Induction :
- To ensure that vacant positions are filed by diverse, high caliber people, using prescribed selection and assessment processes.
- Ensure compliance with CG’s recruitment practices and tools.
- Induction of new employees joining the unit.
Database Management :
- To ensure proper up gradation of employees records in Personnel Files & CGHR4U system.
- To handle all the HR processes in CGHR4U viz. recruitment, confirmation, transfer, separation, training, PMS, Payroll/Leave, expenses and reimbursement, travel etc.
Payroll / Productivity :
- To manages Workmen/Staff Payroll and related compliances.
- To improve workmen productivity by ensuring the proper implementation of Crompton Greaves Production System (CGPS) at all workstation.
Manpower Planning :
- To coordinate and update Manpower Plans ensuring that adequate recruitment plan is in place to satisfy employee turnover requirements.
- To review Manning requirements every year before the Business Plan exercise in line with the Business Strategies.
- To do continuous assessment of the ideal mix of Full Time, Part Time and Outsourced employees in each Function.
- Effectively manage challenges of contract labour, and effectively negotiate with contractors.
- Ensure the smooth running of operations at business units in a cost effective manner.
Industrial Relations :
- To ensure close and fair Grievance handling and Misconduct management between management, employees, and other government officials and the local community.
- To ensure consistent and fair Grievance handling and Misconduct management providing professional counseling and coaching to correct inappropriate behaviors.
- To represent management in dealings and disputes, ensuring a consistent approach to Grievance handling and dealing with employee misconduct.
- To advise, facilitate and lead development of sustainable employee relations practices in the Company.
- To advise, guide and support in developing and implementing a strategy for negotiating long term wage agreements with Unions and assist in the execution of wage agreements from time to time.
- To assist and support during negotiations with unions/workmen and facilitate disciplinary actions where required.
- To facilitate development of worker development programs and continuous improvement programs for employee involvement like Kaizen, small group activities and other innovative HR practices in the unit.
- To benchmark with leading companies on employee relations and human practices so as to evolve innovative and sustainable policies and practices for the unit.
- To advise line managers on handling employee grievances and facilitate resolution of grievances with a view to ensuring industrial harmony and positive discipline.
Statutory Compliances :
- To lead the Labour law compliance for the Unit and ensure statutory compliance across the unit on all labour statutes.
Management of litigations :
- Manage and monitor court/legal matters involving labour law actively interface with Company advocates and legal counsel for briefing and conferencing.
- Assist in the development of strategy for labour law litigations and facilitate settlement of cases as per Company expectations.
- Advice and support line managers in civil and/or criminal litigations and provide guidance when needed.
Training Management :
- Implement the full training lifecycle, from training needs analysis to measuring effectiveness.
- Accurately maintain training records of all employees.
- Responsible for the timely completion and submittal of training records and reports.
- Creating the annual training calendar and delivery plan.
- Source, co-ordinate and build relationships with internal and external trainers.
- Manage the local training budget.
- Evaluation of course and trainer capability.
Other Responsibilities :
- Facilitate performance management process and ensure its consistent implementation across the Unit.
- Prepare HR short and long term plans and budget in order to plan and prepare for future needs.
- Ensure implementation of all core HR / IR and Administration processes which are not specifically mentioned above and any other reasonable adhoc duties in order to support the Unit Head for the smooth running of the business.
- The role will work closely with the Unit Head and Plant Managers.
- The role will have external interface with the Labour authorities like the Labour commissioners, Factory Inspectors and other labour law related statutory authorities and also Advocates and Counsels for legal matters.
- The role will also have internal interface with the corporate HR and other Unit HR community.
- All positions will Administratively report to the respective Unit Head and Functionally to the Corporate HR Head.
- Any Graduate with a Full Time Masters like MSW ,MLS, MPM etc or Full Time MBA in PMIR/HR is a must.
- Any additional Degree/Diploma in IR/Labour Laws/Legal is desirable, though not mandatory.
- Knowledge of labour laws and employee relations is essential.
- Experience of working in a unionzed factory environment and manging industrial relations.
- Experience of working in a unionized factory environment and managing industrial relations.
Minimum Years of Experience :
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in Human Resource Management (HRM) & Industrial Relations (IR) domain for E2 positions.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in HRM & IR domain for M1 position
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in HRM & IR domain for M2 position
- Ability to analyze data, Ability to resolve issues, Skilled in Communication, Problem solving skill, Convincing ability, Mature, Self motivated, Accessible, Empathetic, Focus on Employee Relations, Target Oriented, Enthusiastic, Flexible, High on Integrity, Ability to handle stress, Ability to work with numbers, Ability to Multi-Task, Analytical Skills, Cooperative.
IT Skills :
- Familiar with Operating Systems (Windows XP, Windows 7) and knowledge of Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of any HRIS or HR-ERP is desirable, though not mandatory.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org