The HR Director (or Head of Human Resources) has ultimate responsibility for all people based activity within an organization from both an operational and strategic perspective. The Head of HR is involved in many areas, such as: resource planning and recruitment; training; managing a variety of issues at any one time and being the first point of contact for all employee related issues. The Head of HR may also oversee the company's salary review process, payroll and all compensation and benefit issues. The Head of HR works closely and in support of the CEO and other department heads.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of HR/HR Director:
- Act as the face of HR for the company
- Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organization, as and when they occur
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads. Manage costs to budget.
- Ensure all staff receive appraisals in accordance with company policy and monitor probationary periods
- Co-ordinate recruitment throughout the company through management of a recruitment team/HR team.
Build relationships with recruiters, draft briefs, set up interviews where necessary. Interview senior hires when necessary
- Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way
- Monitor sickness absence.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
- Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with department heads. Implement any increases and promotions.
- Maintain a succession plan for all departments
- Involvement in all redundancy consultations
- Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to deadline
- Conduct occupational health referrals and providing pastoral support and advice to employees
- Previous experience of managing a Human Resources team
- Previously influenced senior managers, built strong commercial relationships and driven an HR strategy
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
- Ability to recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
- Act as a role model for the organization looks beyond own team as a role model and source of knowledge. Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioral styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships
- The ability to inspire confidence of the CEO and other senior managers through timely delivery of information and plans. Works independently of CEO, but consults where appropriate
- Understanding of all legal implications and ability to resource plan accordingly and comply with legal obligations
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
- Familiar with best practice redundancy processes and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Commercial acumen - has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this information to push back and support managers in resource and succession planning
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
- Effectively plans ahead to anticipate problems, plans for worst-case and best-case scenarios
- Makes sensible, intelligent decisions in difficult and deadline driven situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way. Committed to upholding professional standards
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly supports the senior leadership team and their agenda
- Results-focused - understands what is important to staff, clients and management - is committed to achieving goals. Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organization
- Capable communication skills - handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence
- Ability to deliver appropriate information to the right people
- Ability to explain detailed legal information to staff in a straightforward way
- Displays integrity - is sincere in own behavior and in dealings with others
- Self motivated and self aware - recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development
- Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the Human Resource function as a whole
If interested, please reply with your resume and CTC details to email@example.com