Discipline - Sales
Subsector - Healthcare & Pharmaceutical
Location - Delhi NCR
About our Client - Our client is a first-of-its-kind joint-venture partnership formed between Merck & Co., a global research-driven pharmaceutical organization and Wellcome Trust, a global charitable foundation dedicated to human and animal health by supporting the brightest minds. Based in India, the organization facilitates engagements and partnerships with a broad range of experts in vaccine research, policy and manufacturing to develop and mature its research & development. pipeline.
Job Description - The Head Business Development forms part of the senior management team reporting into the CEO and is a very crucial role within the organization. The main focus of the role will be to shape, drive and execute the overall business development strategy with specific focus on infectious disease products. You will be responsible for:
- Aligning overall business objectives to business development plan
- Driving alliances and potential joint ventures where applicable to achieve both short and long term goals
- Keeping abreast of global market trends and developments in vaccine technologies
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the vaccine related health-care sector of developing markets
- Managing key internal stakeholder relationships and obtaining their approval on strategic alliances
The Successful Candidate -
- You are a University graduate in science/biology/pharmacy with an MBA from a top tier business school, with at least 10 years of professional proven experience in heading up the Business Development division or function within the pharmaceutical, vaccines, or biotechnology industry.
- You will have significant commercial experience and in depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry in India.
- You must have complete knowledge on deal structuring including legal issues, intellectual property issues and financial modeling tools.
- You will have excellent negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to inspire key stakeholders.
- You should be resourceful and able to multi task, with excellent people skills.
What's on Offer - An attractive package within an entrepreneurial start-up environment with the international nature of the shareholders allowing a rewarding experience for professional development and career progression.
To Apply - Click here to apply