GM-Head of Travel Operations
MNC OUTsourcing Company
POSITION REPORTS TO: Vice President - Operations
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Operational / Service Delivery:
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the cluster /processes are met as agreed upon with the client. Identify causes for non-achievement of SLAs, develop action plans, implement changes and review.
- Ensure process compliance with all business rules and regulatory directives, and adherence to all operational processes and procedures.
- Responsible for retention management.
- Manage internal stakeholders (helpdesk, training, HR etc.) and client resources to drive SLAs.
- Ensure the staffing model, resource plan and budgetary allocations are designed to achieve key service delivery metrics; ensure that the same are communicated effectively both externally & internally to facilitate business compliance.
- Work in conjunction with the team on projects to ensure smooth transition of new processes.
- Drive continuous improvement in the process.
- Ensure a Business Continuity Plan is in place for all processes.
- Set up an effective governance structure.
- Participate in transition workshops/meetings with client.
- Resolve any conflict arising out of client interaction.
- Ensure high level of interaction and integration with client to drive business for the entity as a whole.
- Achieve highest level of client satisfaction defined from time to time.
- Engage at all levels of client hierarchy.
Team / People Management:
- Create a highly motivated environment for the team.
- Create and develop a coaching environment to achieve enhanced productivity and promote employee retention while facilitating open communication.
- Drive employee/team satisfaction through team engagement and team bonding.
- Ensure timely feedback/coaching to direct reportees (set up similar culture through out the organization). Identify strengths/areas of improvement for reportees and ensure action plans are in place.
- Regularly assess training needs to fill gaps in performance.
- Conduct the Succession Planning exercise for all levels.
- Measure performance of the teams for e.g. performance appraisals, confirmation and ongoing feedback and training.
- Review and analyze performance reports against targets on a weekly/monthly basis with the HOD and Operations Manager and with client and investigate causes for performance deviations.
- Monitor compliance adherence through timely audits, generating awareness on the floor etc.
- Share internal satisfaction survey reports with Managers and drive action planning to manage internal customer satisfaction.
- Conduct regular meetings to ensure open communication and devise action plan to address issues / concerns raised by the team.
Business & Strategy:
- Strategize and implement plans based on performance of the process, business targets, process management, training requirements and operations planning.
- Representing the process or the business at client or industry forums as and when required.
General Security Responsibilities:
- Adhering to Information Security Policies and Procedures of the company
- Ensuring compliance to Information Security Policies and Procedures.
OCCASSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Ensure adherence to norms specified by COPC certification and ISO 27001 specifications
QUALIFICATION (Education) - MBA/Graduate from a recognized Institute or University in any discipline
DESIRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE - Minimum 12 years
DESIRED INDUSTRY EXPOSURE - Prior experience in the travel industry
DESIRED ROLE EXPOSURE - Experience of leading large teams.
MANDATORY SKILLS / PROCESS ABILITIES SKILLS PROFICIENCY REQUIRED (HIGH / MEDIUM/)
- High Numerical and financial ability
- Operations Management (Data & Voice), Collection Lifecycle, Retail Products & Services
- Understanding of business profits
COMPETENCIES CRITICAL FOR THE ROLE (BEHAVIORAL):
- Decision-making - Clearly defines problems. Considers all the facts and alternatives available. Is willing to make firm and speedy decisions. Demonstrates objectivity and high quality in decision-making. Takes calculated risks with contingency plans.
- Customer Focus - Personally keeps in touch with major customers, understands their needs. Translates those needs into effective offerings. Drives a customer-centric culture in his ambit of influence. Proactively anticipates and provides holistic solutions to delight customers. Responds to customer expectations and improves customer satisfaction indices (CSI) better than the market.
- Enabling People Performance - Jointly develops clear roles, challenging goals, expectations and accountabilities for people. Creates an enabling work climate. Allocates resources and supports people to succeed. Demonstrates faith in peoplesí capabilities and motivates them. Monitors performance and celebrates achievements. High
- Communication and Networking - Communicates clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to create understanding. Actively listens to people to understand and seek feedback. Ensures application of fair process. Establishes long-term networking with significant external business partners and stakeholders for business gains. High
- Team Leadership - Translates the shared vision into functional imperatives. Motivates, inspires, influences and pushes people to attain team goals. Walks the talk (open, fair and honest). Cares for people. Shares credit for success and takes accountability for failures. High
- Leading Change - Acts as a catalyst for major change within his function. Gets buy-in from significant opinion makers. Communicates and listens with empathy to overcome resistance. Sets up systems to hold gains.
Minimum of 10 Years working experience with a majority of it being in the travel domain.
Please mark subject line as 'GM Travel Ops' and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention current CTC & notice period