Green Business & Support
OnGreen India General Manager
OnGreen, the global clearinghouse and marketplace for clean technologies, is looking for an India Country Manager to run its India operations out of Mumbai.
As covered in TechCrunch, VentureBeat and other top global publications, OnGreen is a venture-backed, White House-cited, LA-based, cricket-playing, overworking, Turntable.fm-addicted start-up that drives partners and capital to the most promising clean technologies and companies globally and transforms today’s environmental challenges into future economic advancement. OnGreen also has an office in Shanghai.
We are currently expanding the commercialization market for OnGreen with the intention of bringing new and innovative clean technologies into India.
The India General Manager will report to the COO of the company and lead the expansion of OnGreen’s presence in India. The primary focus will be researching, developing and managing relationships with cleantech stakeholders in government, the private sector, academia and the non-profit world. The candidate could come from any of the following backgrounds: Sales, Consulting, Investment Banking, Recruitment, Marketing, Hi-Tech, Non-Profit or Business Development.
- Drive India strategy for OnGreen.
- Research and report on the best way for OnGreen to serve the Indian market.
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, companies, universities, NGOs, governments and investors in cleantech.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, policies and operating procedures for OnGreen’s India office.
- Manage local team.
- Represent the company at cleantech conferences and/or business meetings.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of marketing materials, exhibits and promotional campaigns.
- Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge.
- Report on performance of India efforts against clearly-defined metrics.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Worked in India for a multi-national company, preferably an internet company.
- Established and maintained industry contacts that lead to real partnerships.
- Relationships with large corporations, universities, trade organizations and government agencies.
- Excellent communication skill -- spoken and written -- in English and Hindi.
- Ability to start from scratch in developing new markets.
- Relationships with major Indian internet sites and investment banks are a plus.
- Understanding of cleantech/renewables industry is preferred.
- Business or organizational degree preferred.
- Ability to travel frequently (25-50% of the time).
OnGreen offers a competitive base salary, benefits, stock options and an additional, performance-based bonus.
If you are interested, please send an email to: email@example.com with the following:
* Resume or OnGreen profile URL
* Cover letter/message
* Links to communities you’ve built and managed (include your username)
* List of Top 5 favorite Hindi Films and actors/actresses of all time